1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules on car rental

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dane, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dane

dane New Member

Can anyone tell me what the rules are on renting cars in India? i.e. what age you need to be, what documents are required, can you drop off in other parts of county

I hear roads can be quite dangerous but would rather trust my life to my own driving than someone else's!

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well this was just one headache that I chose to avoid, and the truth is is that I did not even have second thoughts about it once we were there. The transportation there is pretty solid, and there is really no need for a vehicle. Of course if you are wanting to stray from the path a bit then you might have to get one, but I am pretty sure that it is doable but it might just take some hoops to jump through.

3. pavilion

pavilion New Member

As far as I know, most car rental companies are located near airports or in the heart of the city, not in highways or countryside, therefore is pretty likely you are going to find well paved ways instead of neglected dangerous roads. You can make reservations over the phone or internet, and ask all the questions you wish to customer support. I guess they would ask for your current license or whether you have a credit card or not. Even some of them just have an age requirement instead, like some US companies which only lend a car for customers older than 25 years old. Is a good idea to contract a car insurace before thinking in car rental, remember that every serious company will make you responsible for any damage or loss of the vehicle while you are renting the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.