1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Resorts in Chennai for Unmarried Couples

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Parag, May 29, 2016.

1. Parag

Parag New Member

I would like to treat my girlfriend to a short holiday within Chennai at some resort where we can spend some good time together and most of all I can spoil her.
    I am a bit hesitant to do so because we are not married, and I don't want to get into any problem or trouble or even make her suffer.
    Some places like Chennai are not open for a girl and boy to be staying together without them being married which makes the situation a bit scary.

I need some suggestions to safe resorts in Chennai for unmarried couples and lovers, please ensure that there would not be any issues when we would stay there.
    We are both of legal age and are working people.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello @Parag and welcome to the forum!

I understand your concern. Although it's not always that issues arise when an unmarried couple tries to check in to a hotel, we cannot deny that there are some stories of real couples out there that prove that there is still somewhat of a stigma. However, this shouldn't stop you from enjoying your vacation together as a couple in Chennai. A few guidelines prior to answering your question though:

• Make sure that you guys act very professional while booking your room.
    • Do not be overly sweet or display affection in public as this can cause some issues with some people.
    • Try booking online beforehand so you are ensured that you have a room once your scheduled trip comes.
    • Provide identification when asked to avoid any problems.
    • Dress in appropriate attire as well so the hotel staff thinks you're just there for business or meeting purposes.
    Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's go to your question. Have you tried reserving rooms through specialized websites for unmarried couples? Here's a few:
    • Stayzilla (has an option for Chennai)
    • StayUncle (doesn't have an option for Chennai but you could use it for other destinations)
    • Airbnb
    These are just a few but they're the most well-known ones. Stayzilla has an option for different destinations in Chennai like Vadapalani and ECR etc and accommodation for unmarried coupleas well as for unmarried couples. Just choose your desired date, location and click the unmarried couple option as well. Then, it will show you hotels that are appropriate for you. You can then reserve rooms online. StayUncle has the same concept.

unmarried-couples-chennai-room.jpg

Airbnb offers bed and breakfast rooms or shared homes. This can be a great option as well for couples although you'd need to find reviews to make sure that the room you get is safe.

You can book your rooms at one of the online portals.
    I hope this helps!