1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shirdi Sai Baba room booking

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Neelima, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Neelima

Neelima New Member

I would like to find out the accommodation options when going to the Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir. I know some mandirs have rooms where you can stay and for some, you need to stay outside in a hotel.

I would first like to confirm there is a Shirdi Sai Baba room booking?

What is the cost of staying in a room?

Are there any room services?

How would you rate staying at the Shirdi Sai Baba rooms?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Neelima! Welcome to the forum.:)

Shirdi Sai Baba Trust runs three ashrams for accommodation options for pilgrims and devotees. These are the following:
    • Sai Ashram - This has about 1,536 rooms which can accommodate up to 9,000 devotees. It has 1,152 common rooms with attached bathrooms and 384 air-conditioned rooms. This complex also has a restaurant and an open air theatre.
    • Dwarawati - This has about 334 rooms, dormitories and large rooms. It also has 80 air-conditioned rooms. This was just built in 2008 and is about a 2 minute walk from the bus stand.
    • New Bhakti Niwas - This one has about 542 rooms and is the newest complex out of the three. This is about one kilometre away from the main temple complex. There are regular shuttle services that can transfer pilgrims to the main complex though.
    There are rooms available for booking online that are managed by the Shirdi Sai Baba Trust. Some rooms can only be booked locally though. You can go to the official website of the Shirdi Sai Baba Trust and from there, register a new account so you can book a room online.

The cost varies depending on the room type. For online booking, here are the rooms that are available:

1. Dwarati Complex Rooms
    • Three-Beds Western AC Room - Rs. 900.
    • General Western Three Cots Room - Rs. 500.
    • General Indian Three Cots Room - Rs. 500.
    2. Bhakti Niwas Complex Rooms
    • Three-Beds AC Room - Rs. 500.
    • Regular Three-Beds Non AC Room - Rs. 200.
    • Regular Four-Beds Non AC Room - Rs. 150.
    • Regular Three-Beds Non AC Room - Rs. 125.
    There are also rooms that are only available through local booking. Here are their rates:

1. Sai Prasad Niwas Sthan
    • General Big Hall - Rs. 1,000.
    • General 15 Devotees Room - Rs. 200.
    • General 10 Devotees Room - Rs. 150.
    • Small Room for Family - Rs. 200.
    • Large Hall - Rs. 900.
    • Room for 5 to 8 Devotees - Rs. 100.
    • General 6 Bed Room - Rs. 400.
    • Big Hall Attached Bathroom - Rs. 500
    Rooms don't have room services. They do have electricity back-up, 24 hours of hot/cold running water and attached bathrooms.

I think staying at the ashrams near the temple is very much worth it. They are not luxurious or anything but they would do for a few days. Aside from that, they're relatively clean and well-maintained. They are very close to the Sai Baba Mandir as well so you can easily access it. They're very simple accommodations which can make your stay more meaningful.

I hope this helps.

Admin likes this.