1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeper bus from Delhi to Rishikesh

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Md.Naseer, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Md.Naseer

Md.Naseer New Member

I want to know about the sleeper and luxury sleeper bus from Delhi to Rishikesh. I checked it on several online ticketing websites and it left me confused. Some operators are offering Delhi to Rishikesh ticket in AC Sleeper for Rs. 500 and other are offering it with different name Luxury AC Sleeper for Rs. 700. What is the difference between these two and which one I must go for?

I have no issue with the travel time and travel duration. All I need is a comfortable and safe journey.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I would suggest getting a volvo bus that is run by Uttrakhand transport corporation which can be booked online at http://utc.uk.gov.in/

It is just a 4-5 hours journey at the most and it is no use getting sleeper for such a short distance. Volvo buses are comfortable to travel.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

The price difference is probably due to the quality of bus and the number of seats it has which directly impacts the amount of space each passenger gets.

Volvo bus by UTC would be the best option. Volvo buses have reclining seats and having a nap is not a problem atall.

4. Aadi

Aadi Member

If you want to go in sleeper then its better to look for Royal Cruiser only which is run by UTC which will cost you around Rs. 500 only. Personally I do not recommend any private operator as they cost more and the travel time for these private operators is more thn UTC.

If you are taking sleeper to Rishikesh then remember to take a bottle of wine with you as its allowed in sleeper ;-)

5. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It is a very short journey and by the time you settle down you will be at your destination and Volvo buses are a blessing on Indian roads with extremely good suspension.

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I would go on a Volvo bus due to the comfort it provides. Delhi to Rishikesh is not a very long distance but those extra Rs200 are well worth it. Delhi to Rishikesh is around 4-5hours drive depending upon the time of the day you travel. Sleeper bus will get you more space but being on a reclining seat on a Volvo bus is far more comfortable if you ask me.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are some of the key differences between a Luxury Sleeper Bus and a Sleeper Bus:

Super Luxury Coach Bus
    • This always have AC.
    • Seats can be reclined or pushed back with ample leg space.
    • Has an upper seater and lower sleeper/recliner.
    • Air suspension is present.
    • This has television or DVD player.
    • This has a front view.
    • Seats vary between 20 to 25.
    • Full cabin crew service.
    • Has WiFi and ports.
    • Restrooms are also available in the bus.
    • Reserved seating.
    • Fewer stops.
    • Starts at Rs. 1,500 per person.
    Luxury Sleeper Bus
    • May have AC or not.
    • Seats can be reclined a bit.
    • Has an upper seater and lower sleeper/recliner.
    • This has television sometimes.
    • Seats vary between 45 to 50.
    • Has reserved seating.
    • Limited stopovers.
    • Starts at Rs. 700 per person.
    Sleeper Bus
    • This may or may not have AC.
    • Operates for long distances.
    • More comfortable than the Ultra Deluxe Buses.
    • Has 28 seats on lower tier and 15 berths on upper tier.
    • Has more stops than the other two.
    • Starts at Rs. 500 per person.
    For me, if you have the money to spare, then go for the Luxury Sleeper Bus. I think the Super Luxury Coach Service is only available in Agra, Delhi and Chandigarh. For shorter distances though, you can opt for a Sleeper Bus with AC. But for overnight travels, it's best to choose the Luxury Sleeper Bus.

I hope this helps!