1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Treks near Delhi

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by Anurag, Jun 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Anurag

Anurag Member

I want to do trekking but dont want go anywhere far because when we go away for holidays that time is spent relaxing and doing family activities. Please give details of any places near Delhi where I can do trekking, I don't want the trek to be too long maybe maximum of two hours. I have a feeling the chances maybe low but I am trying my luck.

2. Chigs

Chigs New Member

Trekking in Delhi, I don't think so. The only nearest place I can think of is Bhangarh it is not much of a trekking place but a place where you can go up the hills and explore the place it would take a good two hours to do so.

3. Charandeep

Charandeep New Member

For treks you really need to go to a hilly area, and I would recommend Lansdowne which is around six hours away from Delhi. Lansdowne has a lot of small traks such as Bhairavgarhi and Tarkeshwar. If you leave on a Friday you can be back by Monday.

4. Akshay

Akshay Member

How far are you willing to go, because if you really want to trek then going to the Hills is your best bet, and the nearest point is 6-7 hours away.

5. Shiv

Shiv Member

Closest place for trekking would be in Mussoorie or near Manali which is a 5-6 hour jouney, in order to experience trekking you need to be at a proper trekking point.

6. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

As far as I am aware there are no close places near Delhi where you can do trekking. You can not say go to a place like Bhangarh and go up the rocks there as that is not considered as trekking, to experience trekking you need to go to the mountains and the closest is Manali.

7. Anurag

Anurag Member

I dont want to go far which is why I opened this thread to find out the nearest place, I want to go somewhere where I have to travel for the least distance.

Which place do you recommend?

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I think I would prefer that exploring the hills than trekking because I may have a hard time in trekking and my wife cannot exert that much physical effort anymore. But walking up the hill is still okay with us since we did that last summer when we vacationed in the northernmost province of our country. And that 2 hours duration is good enough since our planned vacation in India is for only less than a week's time.

9. btalivny

btalivny Member

Does anybody know the cost of hiring a guide on the treks? If not, do you recommend just trekking alone? I am wondering due to safety.

10. Mindy

Mindy Member

If Delhi is where you plan to be, why not just go for walks around the city? You can still get a bit of a workout and see lots of fun stuff that way!