1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Getaways Near Delhi In August

Discussion in 'North India' started by Ruhanika, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Ruhanika

Ruhanika New Member

The only time during the year that I have free is in August. This year I would like to take my wife out somewhere for the weekend. August is a time of the year when it is humid and a bit rainy basically during the monsoons, so I need some suggestions on ideal weekend getaways near Delhi in August.

Keeping in mind the weather conditions.

2. Karan

Karan Member

When it comes to driving wherever you go the roads can be a bit dicey, but it is not necessary that its always going to rain during the monsoons. You can either visit a hill station nearby or some kind of resort which is on plain land.

So here are some of the recommendations for weekend getaways near Delhi in August.

Hill Station

Lansdowne - 250km away from Delhi and a beautiful place to sink in the natural beauty of the place and away from the busy city life.

Mussoorie - 280km from Delhi. Known as the queen of the hills a great place to unwind and enjoy nature.

Kausali - 255km from Delhi. Located between Chandigarh and Shimla and ideal getaway for the weekend.

Resorts

Neemrana - 116km from Delhi

Kesroli - 175km from Delhi

Best Western resort country club - 51km from Delhi

Aravali Resort - 83km from Delhi

Fort Unchagaon - 115km from Delhi

3. Prits

Prits Member

There are several fantastic weekend getaways near Delhi that you can choose from for a trip in August. Some of the options include:

1. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Known as the "Queen of Hill Stations," Shimla offers a cool and pleasant climate in August. You can explore attractions like Mall Road, Jakhu Temple, and enjoy scenic views of the Himalayas.

2. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand: Rishikesh is a renowned destination for adventure and spirituality. You can indulge in activities like river rafting, trekking, and camping, or visit the famous temples and ashrams.

3. Agra, Uttar Pradesh: Agra is home to the iconic Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Besides the Taj Mahal, you can explore other attractions like Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and enjoy the Mughlai cuisine.

4. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand: Mussoorie is a popular hill station known for its picturesque landscapes and pleasant weather. You can visit attractions like Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, take a cable car ride, and enjoy the panoramic views.

5. Jaipur, Rajasthan: Known as the "Pink City," Jaipur is a city of vibrant culture and history. Explore magnificent palaces like Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, visit the City Palace, and savor the local Rajasthani cuisine.

6. Nainital, Uttarakhand: Nainital is a beautiful hill station surrounded by mountains and a serene lake. You can enjoy boating in Naini Lake, visit Naina Devi Temple, take a cable car ride to Snow View Point, and go trekking.

7. Neemrana, Rajasthan: Neemrana is famous for its ancient fort turned heritage hotel. You can explore the Neemrana Fort Palace, indulge in zip-lining, enjoy a spa session, and experience the royal Rajasthani hospitality.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Out of the places you have listed I would only suggest Mussoorie and Nainital as they are higher up in the hills, rest of the places would be too hot for comfort in the month of August.