1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Srilanka' started by Lalindu, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

Sri Lanka is the best country to visit

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Hello Lalindu!

It looks like you actually live in Sri Lanka from your profile post! Can you tell us some more about it? I've seen pictures and it looks like a beautiful country, but do you have some recommendations about things to do or see? You would be a wonderful guide for the forum here if you can give us some personal experiences about the country!

Welcome!

3. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I have never been to Sri Lanka, but I do like MIA and I know that she is from Sri Lanka. I think she's pretty and she makes some amazing music. I haven't heard too many good things about it though because I have heard of the poverty and the militant groups. I think that goes with any country. You always hear the bad.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

It's true, the media tend to cover the most 'extreme' or dangerous stories out there. Don't get me wrong, I think it's important to know what's going on in the world, but I guess they choose what will get people reading and that tends to be the scary stuff. It would be nice if there was a news channel or newspaper that only broadcast the good news out there!

5. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

Hello Amelia!
    Yes friend I live in Sri Lanka. I tell little about my country. First of all I must tell my country has many beautiful pleases to watch and it also a very peaceful country.
    If you come you can get great experience and lot of fun. I send you some pleases you can watch. If you have any problem please ask me.

THIS IS SIGIRIYA KINGDOM

sri1.jpg images5.jpg images.jpg sigiriya-rock-castle-sri-lanka-0031.jpg images1.jpg 6.jpg

amelia88 and Chahal like this.
  6. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

This is temple of tooth :

6.jpg 14.jpg 18.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg

7. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

Nilaweli beach :

images.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 3.jpg 9.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

8. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

Beaches of Srilanka

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg 11.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg

9. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

Shinharaja Forest

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg index.jpg

10. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

sillyllucy!
    friend you heard some wrong things about my country. Sri Lanka is very peaceful country and our people very friendly.

11. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Lalindu thank you so much for sharing all the brilliant pictures with me! They're amazing! The beaches look so beautiful and the rock fortress has got my curiosity now! It looks so interesting and unique, I would love to visit it some day!

I saw in the picture of Nilaweli beach that there were people holding surfboards, is this a well known beach for surfing? I do a little surfing in my spare time and I would love to try and surf if I go there!

12. Lalindu

Lalindu New Member

@Amelia - yes friend you are right our beaches are so beautiful. lot of tourists come to visit it. Also my country is a Island so we have beaches all around the country..
    yes sure, come to sri lanka you can find many beaches for surfing. also you can visit so many places. so i hope u will come to my country

amelia88 likes this.
  13. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Sounds great! I'm glad to know there are a lot of beaches that are good for surfing. Do you know if there are any places to learn how to cook there as well? I like learning how to cook the local cuisines when I travel.

Sorry for all the questions! It's just great to have someone from Sri Lanka here so that I can ask you directly!

Have a great day!

14. Amelie

Amelie New Member

I love the photo of the couple riding an elephant on the beach! Does a thing like that happen often, or only for the purposes of that picture? I find elephants fascinating - perhaps because there aren't any elephants in our country (well, except for that poor elephant in the zoo). Sadly, I read that elephants and Sri Lankans are having trouble co-existing. :(

15. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

What parts of Sri Lanka are best to visit? If a tourist only had a few days, where would they have to go to see the most of the country?