1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better Sri Lanka or India?

Discussion in 'Srilanka' started by StuDixon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. StuDixon

StuDixon New Member

My girlfriend and I are confused to which destination to choose out of India and Sri Lanka for our holiday.

There is a lot to see in both of the countries, but as first timers to an Asian country we don't know which destination we should choose. India has a lot of places we could visit, but we are thinking of just covering The Golden Triangle tour and have at least three days in Agra and Jaipur and about five days in Delhi.
    In Sri Lanka, we would like to visit Kandy, Polonnaruwa and possibly Jaffna.

With such great places to visit in both of the countries we don't know which is better, and would like to know which is better Sri Lanka or India for our holiday?

2. pravish

pravish Member

In my opinion, India for sure would be an ideal destination for you and your girlfriend without a doubt. India has so many things to offer. You would need a good 25-30 days to explore this country right from the north to the south or you may cover a part of it and revisit later. I am sure you would want to come back to this beautiful country once you step your foot on it. India is the biggest democracy in the world, and its Unity in diversity of religion. In my opinion, spending 5 days in Delhi is a bit too much. If it would be me, I would give Delhi 2 days and use the rest of the day in Leh. Leh is one of the beautiful destinations in the northern part which you can add to this trip. So this time you can try and cover the northern part and on your next visit you can explore the southern part of India. I hope you have a great time in India.

Admin likes this.

3. TiaraSy

TiaraSy New Member

As someone who was once in a similar predicament but has now made the (wise) choice, I would advise you to consider India as your destination because it caters to people of all tastes and whatever experience you wish to have, you will find in some part of India. Personally I chose to have my vacation in Goa because I had heard of the beautiful beaches and resorts and the night life. Depending on what you want to experience, or the sights that you want to see, this is where you will find your ideal vacation.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

India seems a better option. The trip that you have in mind can be covered conveniently within 5 days visiting the the most interesting and important places in Delhi, Agra and jaipur. You could may be add Udaipur in the eight days that you intend spending on your holiday.