1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuffed Friend Won Tons

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Andrew, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

My wife was watching an Indian cooking show the other day. It was a cook off and the two women needed to prepare some sort of won ton. It was triangular and fried. I think it was stuffed with hamburger and other spices. Does anyone know the name of this?

2. Aidan

Aidan New Member

I am not sure, but I think you mean samosas. Were they fried? If they are fried, then thy are called samosas. They can be stuffed with different things as far as I know.

3. Laeticia

Laeticia New Member

Yes, they are called samosas. If I'm not mistaken, they are made with a dough that is similar to the one used for spring rolls.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Yum! I've only had vegetarian varieties of samosas before, with potatoes, peas and other fillings before. I'm not vegetarian though, those are the only ones I've tried. I'd love to try one with meat or something too. I'm imagining they're pretty easy to find in India - are there street vendors that sell them?

5. Paul

Paul New Member

I have never heard of samosas. They really sound delicious! What other ingredients do people use to stuff them apart from meat? Are there any vegetarian options?

6. Daphne

Daphne New Member

I really like samosas, but I have also only tried the vegetarian ones with mashed potatoes and green peas inside. They were delicious and addictive :)

7. Neve

Neve New Member

I have never heard of samosas. What do they look like? Do they stuff them with seafood like the Chinese version or wontons? Those are my favorites :)