1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Travel To India With A Friend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by TravelCheap3, Dec 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TravelCheap3

TravelCheap3 Member

Just a simple question. When I went, I went with my girlfriend. Would you go traveling with your friend though?

hellotraveler likes this.

2. Annette

Annette Member

I doubt I'd go out of the country with a casual friend. Maybe if I weren't married, but now that I am, the only person I would want to travel with is my husband.

hades_leae and hellotraveler like this.

3. Elaine

Elaine Member

If it is a close friend that I know very well, I would definitely travel with them. It is always much more fun to travel with good company.

4. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

I don't see why you couldn't travel with a friend. Many of my friends travel together to different places and enjoy themselves. I think if you are of like minds and share a love of travel it would be an enjoyable adventure.

hades_leae and hellotraveler like this.
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

There are a few friends I would travel with before I'd travel with family, ha ha ha!! I have two friends in particular that I would travel pretty much anywhere with, although my first choice of a travel partner would still be my husband (awww).

6. Definitely I would travel to India with a friend. Traveling alone is boring! I would love to travel with my mother.

7. Antonr5860

Antonr5860 New Member

I would travel with close family if I was traveling without a group, as family holidays are for family. Some of my fondest memories are on holiday with my family, as you know family and they know you. I prefer traveling without a group as it dilutes the holiday experience as I prefer for my family holidays to just be with family.

However, if I was going to travel with a group, I would prefer to travel alone than with friends. While being alone on a bustling street can be a bit unnerving, I find that I quickly overcome that feeling. I prefer to make friends inside the group, even if it's just for the week. Many of my friends have found true love while traveling, and I hope I will find some soon too! Even if I don't find love, you can find a good friend in a group, although finding friends on a trip isn't really for everyone.

8. Teheura

Teheura New Member

If I was to travel to India I would want to take my girlfriend. I think it would be more fun this way. I know I could meet up with some other guys but it wouldn't be the same fro me. I would rather have fun with her and do things that we like in common.

9. hellotraveler

hellotraveler Member

I've been thinking about visiting India this year some time, and if given the choice I would like to travel with someone who has already been there or that I know who lives there already (as a guide) rather than going with someone who has never been there before, or someone who might not show me the best places to go and things to see when I am there. The more educational and experienced the guide or travel companion, the better. That isn't to say that I wouldn't consider traveling there with someone who had never been there before that is an experienced traveler or someone that I just get along with really well that has things together, but just from experience with visiting other places in different circumstances, my preference would be for the person to know where they are going to be able to show me the way.

10. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think any time you travel, you have to try and find someone that will be compatible with your own travel style. So yes, I would travel with a friend - but I think it would have to be a friend that is pretty relaxed and not stressed out. Nothing worse than going on a vacation but it being super stressful. I think a lot of the time travel can make or break a friendship because you are trying to do so many things that it can be a high-pressure environment!

11. johnstatler14

johnstatler14 New Member

I would most definitely travel with a friend. I'm more of a loner in general, it's just my personality, but I have some very great friends that I wouldn't mind travelling with. They'll also help keep me out of trouble ;). It also depends largely on what one plans to do- soul searching? That's a one-man job. Partying, food tourism? That can be, and should be, done with friends.

12. Sheba

Sheba New Member

I have traveled with my boyfriend and I have also traveled with my best friend. I think I had a lot more fun traveling with my best friend. We had a lot of things to talk about and laugh about. We have the same interests and enjoy doing the same things. It seemed when I traveled with my boy friend all he was interested in was eating. We had to stop everywhere so he could eat.

13. Andre

Andre New Member

Yes I would if the friend I was traveling with liked to do the same things as I do. I think when you travel and want to enjoy your vacation it's important to travel with a person that likes the same things as you do. This way you both can have a good time. You can suggest a few adventures and they can suggest some too. Normally there is no fighting in cases like this.

14. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Yes I would like to travel India or any part of the world with my friend.

15. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

I am traveling with a group of friends and we are looking forward to the visit. The more the merrier is the adage that we would like to go with, and we have traveled to many places together. Nothing beats having fun with friends.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I have always found that travelling with others has both its advantages and disadvantages, just like anything. It is always nice to have someone or a group of people to share an experience with and to talk about years down the road, but it is also a bit of an inconvenience sometimes because you have to worry about them and it is harder to accomodate a group then just a few people.

17. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

When I was unmarried, I never traveled with girls. I could not take risks related to unmarried couple. Having said that I have taken short travel with girls. Now that I am married, I am always traveling with my wife. During my bachelorhood state I traveled with boys though.

18. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've only travelled with either my husband and son or my family (my sister and mother). Travelling with family has its merits since you know each other all too well. You have lived in one house and you know exactly the quirks and whatnots of one another. You know you can tell each other if someone's being a diva or not, lol.

But with a friend, there is still that line. You haven't lived with each other in one house. You don't know exactly how this other person behaves in his or her house. You might end up losing the friendship if you have arguments in the travel you've done.

19. xTinx

xTinx Member

I have tried travelling with a friend and a group of friends before (for the lack of an other-half or special someone to go with) and each journey varied depending on the friend/s I was with. Nevertheless, if you're going with friends, make sure you have the same sense of adventure or you'll have trouble compromising what you want with what the other party wants.

20. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

I love travelling with friends, so I definitely wouldn't have any problem with it. I believe travelling with friends is even easier than travelling with a spouse because you don't have to be as worried about keeping them happy the whole time.

21. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Personally I'd rather travel with friends than my partner! I think sometimes travelling can be pretty stressful and if your in a relationship with the person your travelling with, that can put added pressure on your relationship.

Travelling with a friend though instead, you won't take things as seriously and any issues that do come up, will tend not to lead in to a blazing row, and one of you storming off. Your more likely to work together to sort things out.

22. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Though, one thing I forgot to mention is that you might want to be careful about how well you know those friends before you decide to go on a trip with them. Make sure you know how they are with money, how much time they take, etc. It's best to have it all planned out and know exactly what you're getting yourself into.

23. hedonologist

hedonologist New Member

Yeah, although I'd be just as willing to travel alone. I think it might be good company, I only plan a short trip to India in 2016 anyway. I couldn't afford to pay for us both though so I'd also go with him if he paid for his own plane tickets and accommodation.

24. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Oh yes, I'd never be able to afford for someone else to go with me. They'd have to be willing to pay for everything they needed on their own. I could see splitting the price for some things, but that's as far as I would go about it.

25. rz3300

rz3300 Member

You know briannagodess does bring up a good point, and it is a good little warning to anyone out there. I have only really had positive experiences, so I guess I am lucky, but I can definitely see a scenario when two people think that they know each other and then have to live together and things change quickly. Just make sure you know who you are dealing with.

26. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

Travel with anyone, travel with a friend, travel alone. I think we primarily travel for the memory and the experience-- you have to make it work with the people who you want to be with. Travelling with a friend in New York is great, travelling with your family to India will also have different qualities to the experience. I think the perfect place to travel alone is the Shinto region in Japan where Buddhism thrives.

27. Destiny

Destiny Member

I would only travel to another country with someone I really trust. Recalling abroad can be dangerous and you don't want your vacation to turn into a horror story.

28. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

I'd go with friends who are all male. It's not just in India. I would go to any country with my closest male friends because I would want to be safe. Anywhere we go, there's always a risk of running into trouble so surrounding myself with people who genuinely care would definitely make this a more fun experience. Plus, most of my friends are guys and would definitely not mind an adventure in India. Nature trips would definitely be a good way to have fun in the country.

29. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member

I would ONLY travel to India with a friend. I wouldn't feel good visiting such a different foreign country without a support system, and in that case it would be either a friend or a family member. But I don't think I'd go to any other country without someone, I'm too much of a coward haha

30. hades_leae

hades_leae New Member

Some people think it's boring to travel alone, and ideal to bring along a friend, loved one, or family member. I'm not biased against and form of travel. If the friend that I have is responsible, and I don't have to take care of them like a baby, then yes I can travel with a friend with no problem.

Some friends are just to immature by choice and can make problems easily, and getting into abroad because of your friend is not something that you want to happen.

31. Normad

Normad New Member

Oh yes! that is the best way to travel. I've traveled with every kind of companion you can imagine, from family to friends to boyfriends, but the trips that I have taken with my friends have always been the craziest and best. I can't quite figure the reason out, but it might have to do with the fact that when you're with friends there is less pressure and you can relax more than you would probably with a boyfriend or family issues.

32. Trevlr

Trevlr New Member

Yes, I will prefer travelling with a friend instead of travelling with relative. I will choose to travel with a friend whom we share common interests. A friend can help you whenever you get sick or you need any other assistance. It will also be easier to move around whenever you are with a friend.

33. audrinaa

audrinaa New Member

I would travel either by myself, with a spouse or relative and especially friends. I really do not want to travel to another country by myself if I can keep from it. I would also would like to go with someone that has preferably already that has already been there and knows the lay of the land. I am already going to be an outsider there. I would love to go with someone that can show me around, or maybe already have someone there waiting on me, that I can trust that will help me. I really just want to make sure that I have an enjoyable time when I go. I can't do that alone.