1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thachi Valley Trek

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by Tanmaya, May 29, 2016.

1. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

I am putting some words out for Thachi Valley

One more unknown beautiful offbeat and budget friendly destination for nature lovers and trekkers.
    I bet 99% of you have no idea about Thachi Valley.

I have been there and local people of the valley has request me to put some words out about the valley. I will try my level best to help the local people of the valley.

Initiative was taken by the local people of the valley and the created a website for this too.

Trek Thachi Valley.

There are some cool mountain peaks and some unknown waterfall to check and greenery surrounds the valley with beautiful pine trees through out the valley.

There are no hotels in the valley yet so you need to contact them first through the website and they will arrange everything for you and that is cheap too, We were two , we spent 2 thousand for 3 day stay including food and all excluding the transportation charges to reach the valley.

I will explain how I was treated in the valley:

I contacted them through the website and they helped me to reach the valley, helped to hire a taxi, a guy received me once I reach Thachi and he took personal interest in taking care of me and my friend. A local guy acted as a guide to us and helped us with the trek and all.

It was like we were some vips.

No crowd at all, it was not like other tourist places, shimla , manali and all, Those places are famous and has crowd there and hotels and food is expensive, but it was not the same at Thachi. It was all peace and nature.

If you are looking for some nature and treks and are flexible and do not prefer luxury and your budget is a bit low, this is the place for you.

Thanks

2. Prits

Prits Member

You are right I don't think many people have heard of this place, even I don't know about it.

There are few things that I would like to know about Thachi Valley and it would great if I can get some detailed information about the place.

1. I would like to know what region of India Thachi Valley is in?

2. How far is it from Delhi by car?

3. What all is there to see and do in Thachi Valley?