1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Night Life?

Discussion in 'North East India' started by Mindy, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Mindy

Mindy Member

Can anyone reccomend any places to visit in the North East India area that has a lot of night life? Specifically, which are the best places to visit for music and dancing?

2. I am not sure whether it has the best in the whole North East but having visited Guwahati I can say the nightlife is pretty decent there. The North Eastern states have been pretty conservative but in recent times Guwahati has seen a lot of modernisation. Kamikaze and Blues are two night clubs I visited when I was there and they were certainly very enjoyable places to hangout with your friends.

3. Maple

Maple New Member

That's good to know, deatheater. Thanks! Would you say that these clubs are super loud or are they the type of places where you can have a conversation?

4. JManara

JManara Member

Would they not have night clubs in Delhi? I would think with all the tourism and young people there they would have plenty of nightclubs that you could visit.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Delhi NCR probably has more night clubs then the rest of India put together.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

For night life in North East India, I'd have to agree that Guwahati in Assam is your best option. The night clubs and bars here don't really operate all night long but they are open until 11:00 pm at least. Many of them have live music and of course, dancing.

Here are some of the best night bars and clubs in Guwahati:
    • Cafe Hendrix - This is open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Mondays to Fridays. It's open from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm during the weekends. They have a variety of music, from indie singers and original music to more upstream music or even cover songs. The bar is well-stocked and they offer quite affordable snacks to customers. Their address is: GS Road, Guwahati, Assam 781007.
    • The Lounge - This is open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm daily. The bar is located inside the posh Hotel Dynasty. The bar also has live music to pair with your drinks. Their address is: Dynasty, SS Road, Fancy Bazaar, Guwahati.
    • Silver Streak - This is open from 11:00 am to 10:30 pm daily. It is situated near the Brahmaputra River. It is a popular bar/club around the region particularly because of its live music and delectable dishes. The address is: Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok, M.G. Road, Opposite High Court, Latasil, Uzan Bazaar, Guwahati.
    • Topaz - This is open from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am daily. The overall ambience of the bar is elegant, with plush interior designs and furnitures. The music played here is also quite good. The address is: 3rd Floor, Adityam Plaza, G.S. Road, Lachit Nagar, Guwahati, Assam 781007.
    • Urban Mantra - This is open from 11:30 am to 11:00 pm daily. They have live band performances and live jamming sessions. The food and drinks here are also very reasonably priced. Their address is: Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam.

In Gangtok, there are a few night clubs/bars as well:
    • Cafe Live and Loud - This cafe is open from 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm. This is Gangtok's most famous bar for live music. They have live-rock, blues and alternative bands every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Their address is: Tibet Road, Gangtok, India.
    • Pub 25 - This is open from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm. This is a great place to listen to music and have a drink or two. The food here is relatively more affordable than other bars in the area. Their address is: Vishal Gaon, Gangtok, Sikkim 737101.
    • X'cape - This is open from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm, Thursdays to Sundays. There's great music here and a dance floor too. The bar is well-stocked too and they do serve delicious food. Their address is: Vagra Cinema Hall, Gangtok, India.
    • Club King B - Open from Friday to Sunday, from 7:30 pm to 1:00 am. There's a Ladies Special of Fridays here and Sunday Jam Sessions. Their address is: Paljor Stadium Road, Arithang, Gangtok, Sikkim 737101.

Then, here are the most popular night clubs in Arunachal Pradesh:
    • Orange Bar and Restaurant - They are open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. This bar comes alive at night, with the never-ending drinks, music and food. Their address is: Behind ICICI ATM, Old Market Road, Old Market Monastery, Tawang.
    • C3 Lounge and Bar - This is open until midnight. They have good music, good food and is essentially a chill bar. Their address is: Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.

And here are some more in Meghalaya:
    • Cloud 9 - They are open everyday from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This is a rooftop restaurant with a dance floor. Different DJs from different regions bring life to the party. Every Friday is Ladies' Night here. Their address is: Hotel Centre Point, Police Bazar, Khyndailad, Shillong, Meghalaya, 793001.
    • Tango - This is open everyday until midnight. Famous DJs and bands are the main attractions of this club. It's preferable to the visit the club during Saturday when the crowds are in full pack. Their address is: OB Shopping Mall, Jail Road, Police Bazar, Shillong, Meghalaya 793001.
    • Platinum - This is also open until midnight. The bar is located in Hotel Polo Towers. The elegant interiors and chill music are perfect combinations. There's also a dance floor here. Their address is: Oak land Road, Near Polo Grounds, Shillong, Meghalaya 793001.

Here are some night clubs and bars in Agartala:
    • Sanghati Club - This is open until midnight. This is also one of the most popular discotheques and dance clubs in Agartala. Their address is: Main Road, Krishna Nagar, Agartala, Tripura 799002.
    • Nibedita Club - They are also open until midnight. They have affordable snacks and drinks. Along with that, they play good music. Their address is: Ram Nagar, Agartala, Tripura 799002.

There you go. I hope this helps! There's not too many night clubs in North East India unlike other regions of the country. And even these night clubs don't operate all-night long. Have fun!

7. vkar

vkar Member

Only Guwahati seems to have a decent enough night life among the north eastern cities. Most other cities are either culturally very conservative or not safe enough for tourists to have a decent night life. Guwahati has plenty of good pubs and night clubs and it is considerably safer compared to most other NE cities. The next north eastern city with good nightlife in my opinion is Shillong and they also have an awesome music scene. Most of these would be open maximum till midnight. I don’t think there is any pub or clubs in NE that are open till late night/ all night.