1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is the best time of year to visit?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by PrincessTigerLily, Jul 23, 2016.

1. What would you say is the best time of year to visit India?

Some people would travel based on what the weather is expected to be like, others perhaps would rather avoid the busiest tourist season.

What time of year do you think is best?

2. rootle

rootle Member

It largely depends on which part of the country you want to visit really. Ideally I'd visit India sometime in October/November. I'd spend the first part of the trip in the North, in the mountains where it won't be too cold at that time of the year (although still fairly cold). In the Northern plains, this time of the year is usually good to visit because it isn't too hot nor is it too cold and foggy as it is in winter. Then later on in the trip I would head South where it is generally pretty pleasant in the winter. So yeah generally speaking, Oct/Nov would be the ideal time to visit the country in my opinion. If you had to choose between over the winter or over the summer, I'd prefer to visit during the winter.

PrincessTigerLily likes this.

3. arunava basu

arunava basu New Member

India is a vast country with different climatic conditions and that is why it is always the ideal time to visit. All you have to do is to decide upon the places in accordance with the climate of that place at any time of the year. It depends upon which places you want to visit.

4. Rootle, thank you that is very helpful. I did notice that in one part of the country I am interested in, monsoon season ends in November, so you are confirming something I was already thinking might be best.

Arunava, probably that is true, but if you want to travel around to several different regions while you're there, there ought to be one general time of year that is better on average.

5. calicer1996

calicer1996 New Member

Well...it also depends upon what country you hail from. As an example, if you live in England where it snows 24/7, you probably don't want to go to a hill station in India in winter. Also, India is a tropical and temperate zone i.e it has various seasons from sub zero to very high temperatures. Also, you shouldn't go during the tourist season as everything is packed and you won't enjoy it much. Go at some unconventional time!

6. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

It doesn't matter really, at least that I know of, the weather isn't like it is here when you go there.

7. MissT

MissT New Member

Every one that I've asked seems to think that the best time to visit India is March. Is that really the case? I think that any time is good depending on what your agenda or plan it. Some people like the sunshine and hot weather, while others prefer the snow and ice. It's a matter of personal preference I guess.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I cannot tell you from experience which is the best time of year to visit, but I can certainly do so with perhaps the worst time of year to visit. We went in their summer season, and it was extremely hot. I remember actually hearing that we had it easy from some other travelers and that it is usually worse, and I had some trouble believing that. I guess you just need to be better prepared than we were, so I would say definitely do your research beforehand.

9. Nisha

Nisha New Member

Its totally depend upon your visiting area. Choose the destination and study the weather chart, to select the best time.

10. Ankitha Sreedhar

Ankitha Sreedhar New Member

Depends on several factors:
    If climate changes will be a problem for you, some places in India are extremely hot in summer season. If you have not experienced it. it would be hard for you to manage. But there are few places where the temperature is not that variant in summer. In rainy season you will have a tough time visiting India.

11. Casiox

Casiox New Member

I actually was having the same concern because I thought that India was a cold country, however, I just realized it has a variety of seasons, I thought that I was going to freeze if I ever go there, seems like everything is on point and looking good, really taking note of every single detail I have to worry about.