1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Popularity Of Indian Food Outside India

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by amelia88, Jan 19, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I know here in the USA, some people adore Indian food and others have never tried it. Thankfully I have a great Indian restaurant locally - so it's always been a cuisine that has been up there with my favorites.

If you're not from India, how popular is Indian food in your country? Do you have a local Indian restaurant, perhaps, or is there literally nowhere near you that serves Indian food?

Chahal likes this.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

While I am from India I must tell you about Bombay Club, Table No. 11 the table where Bill Clinton normally ate. This Indian restaurant is situated in Washington. Our tour package manager took us to this restaurant and we had kind of a different experience eating at a place where the then President ate. Bill Clinton we are told is a foodie for Indian cuisine.

bombay club.jpg

Photo credit Capitol-Magazine.

3. Prits

Prits Member

As a large language model, I don't have a physical location or personal experiences. However, I can access and process information to give you a general idea of Indian food's popularity around the world.

Indian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines globally, ranking among the top 10 according to various surveys. Its popularity can vary by country, but here's a breakdown:

• Highly Popular: In countries with a historical connection to India, like the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Africa, Indian food is very popular due to immigration and cultural exchange. These countries often have a large number of Indian restaurants catering to both Indian expats and locals.

• Growing Popularity: Indian food's popularity is on the rise in many other countries, including the USA (as you mentioned!), Europe (especially the UK, France, Germany, and the Netherlands), and the Middle East. This is due to factors like increased travel and globalization, along with the growing awareness of the diverse flavors and health aspects of Indian cuisine.

• Limited Availability: In some countries, Indian food might be less common. However, with the increasing popularity of international cuisine, even these places might have a few Indian restaurants in major cities or tourist areas.
    Finding Indian Food:

If you're curious about Indian food availability in your area, you can try these methods:

• Search online for "Indian restaurants near me" or use a food delivery app with Indian cuisine options.
    • Look for ethnic enclaves or neighborhoods known for international restaurants. These areas might have Indian restaurants.
    • Explore grocery stores with international food sections. You might find Indian spices, lentils, and other ingredients to cook Indian food at home.
    Even if you can't find a restaurant nearby, there are many resources online for learning about and cooking Indian food. With a little effort, you can enjoy this delicious cuisine from the comfort of your own home!

4. Shiv

Shiv Member

Indian food is becoming increasingly popular all over the world, and for good reason! It's a delicious and flavorful cuisine with a wide variety of dishes to choose from. I've had some great Indian food experiences in the United States, and I'm sure there are many other people out there who have too.

One of the things I love about Indian food is that it can be both comforting and exciting. There are familiar dishes like butter chicken and naan, but there are also many more adventurous options to explore. No matter what your taste preferences are, there's sure to be an Indian dish that you'll love.

If you're looking for a great Indian food experience, I recommend checking out some of the local restaurants in your area. You might be surprised at how many great options there are!