1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do in Shimla

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by AnuragBorkar, Jun 21, 2016.

1. AnuragBorkar

AnuragBorkar New Member

I would like to get some information about the things to do in Shimla. I have not yet decided when the trip would be planned as that would be decided upon the difference in the activities that can be done in the summer season and winter season.

We will be two families consisting of 4 adults with a total number of 5 kids aged between 8 years old and 14 years old.

Please list the things that can be done in Shimla in both summer season and winter season.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

During the winter season, here's a few activities that you can do in Shimla:

• Go ice skating. The rink in Shimla is only operational from December to February. It is the only open-air rink in the whole of India and lots of tourists take their chance to visit this heavenly place. Lastly, it is considered as one of the oldest rinks in Asia.
    • Take the Toy Train ride. The toy train can give your family a fun experience. It passes through tunnels and offers amazing scenic views of Shimla.
    • Visit Kufri. Kufri is a small hill station about 8,000 feet above sea level. The snowcapped views are perfect for any family or couple. There is a nature park and an amusement park in here as well, great places for kids.
    During the summer season, here's a few activities that you can do in Shimla:
    • Trek short distances. Consider temples like Dhanu Devta, Jakhoo and Tara Devi. A trek to Chadwick falls is also good for families.
    • Check out the Summer Festival which happens annually.
    • Tour Viceregal Lodge. Used to be the residence of British Viceroy Lord Dufferin. Consider a guided tour so you can learn more about Shimla's history.
    • Visit Minchys and taste their yummy fruit jams!
    • Visit the Hip Hip Hurray Amusement Park. Lots of rides to enjoy, bumper cars, ferris wheel and double swing, plus lots more.
    I hope this helps!

P.S.

Some of these activities can be done in both seasons though like the Hip Hip Hurray Amusement Park and visiting Kufri. Good luck!