1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise From Delhi To Amritsar Then Pakistan

Discussion in 'Punjab' started by NishaKid, Feb 20, 2018.

1. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Hi....I will be reaching Delhi Airport about 10pm on Monday. How can I travel from Delhi to Amritsar (is bus safe & is it costly). Please keep in mind, I would stay 1 nite in Amritsar caz of the view at nites.

Then how should I travel from Amritsar to Pakistan Border which bus and the cost please???

rajneesh kumar likes this.

2. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

You can travel from Delhi to Amritsar by bus, train or car. Buses are safe especially the ones which you get from the airport, the cost of the bus depends on what bus you get. The regular buses are cheaper than the Indo-Canadian buses which are costly but provide a comfortable journey.

There are a couple of threads which would provide you information on traveling from Delhi to Amritsar, and also a dedicated thread on the Indo-Canadian bus from Delhi to Amritsar.

NishaKid likes this.

3. Karan

Karan Member

You can either hire a taxi or take a bus to Wagah Border. There is also an option of going on the HOHO bus in Amritsar, which not only would take you to Wagah Border by other tourist places in Amritsar too, this would also work out to be cheaper.

The India Pakistan border is at a distance of 30km from Amritsar and it would take you about 45 minutes to reach the border by car or bus.

A taxi can cost you anything from Rs500 - Rs700 and a bus would cost you be between Rs100 - Rs200.

You will find plenty of taxi companies asking if you want to go Wagah Border, so you can also try negotiating a price with them as well if you wish to travel in a taxi.

NishaKid likes this.
  4. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Thank you so much Mohit & Karan. Really appreciate it.

5. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Hi...sorry another question. I understand the Indo-Canadian buses are costly. I would get another bus similar to that, what is the name of that....is it far from the airport. How do I get there

6. Prits

Prits Member

The Indo-Canadian buses are the only buses which go to Amritsar from Delhi Airport.
    The other option for buses from Delhi to Amritsar are the Volvo AC buses which are also very good. You would be able to get these buses from ISBT or Kashmere Gate which is a bit of distance from the airport. I would suggest you get a pre-booked taxi from the airport and go to either of the places mentioned to get your bus to Amritsar.

NishaKid likes this.
  7. NishaKid

NishaKid New Member

Dear Prits,

Thank you so much. I think I would do the same by booking a taxi from airport to the nearest ISTB to get a Volvo bus.

8. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

You can also use the metro to reach ISBT from airport it will turn out to be cheap and fast too ;)

NishaKid likes this.
  9. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

When getting a taxi to Wagah Border I would not just go for one price, and instead, ask a couple of other taxi companies or drivers, so you wouldn't get ripped off. I would also ask the hotel that you are staying at, as they generally can provide a tourist taxi for you and it would be more reliable too.

NishaKid likes this.