1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel Time From Delhi to Manali

Discussion in 'North India' started by Ankit, May 22, 2016.

1. Ankit

Ankit New Member

I planning on making straight, drive from Delhi to Manali, which I know is very long, but I am hoping I can make it, I have covered such a distance before but it was not in a hilly area.
    I will leave Delhi early morning around 3 am, and will hope to cross Chandigarh by 6.30am - 7 am. I will also stop at one place which I have not decided upon.

Has anyone done a straight drive from Delhi to Manali?

Where should I stop for food after Chandigarh?

2. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

Yes, a lot of us have done straight Drives.
    The distance between Delhi and Manali is 554 Kms by Road via NH1 and NH2. It would take approximately 11 hours on a single run to reach your destination. I strongly recommend that you Stop for food at Ambala or Panipat.
    Good Luck. Safe Journey.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

It is more like 12 hours without a stop. It is very doable, but I would not recommend it, honestly. If you have a second driver, that is fine to do. But safety should come first. If you are a single driver, please rest. Long travel times can cause accidents due to impaired ability.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

From Delhi to Manali, that is about 554 kms so give or take 11 to 12 hours of travel time. I know lots of people who have done this though. But if you can have someone with you for the whole ride, it's better to do so. At least the driving won't be all on you. Or better yet, take a rest halfway through Manali by checking in a hotel or just sleeping in your car for a while.

Anyway, here's a few stopover places you can eat in on your way to Delhi to Manali:

• Karnal Haveli. This one is en route to Chandigarh. But it's a nice stopover because they have drool-worthy food from breakfast to dinner. The bathrooms are very clean as well as the entire place itself. The staff and employees are great and gives great service.
    • Haldiram. There's lots of sweets and delicacies you can buy here. If that's not your thing, try different dishes from their menu. They offer multi-cuisine dishes so you would have lots of choices.
    • Savoy Greens. This place offers lots of pizzas as well as subways, if you like these types of food.
    • Murthal. A great place for Punjabi delicacies. There's also lots of paranthas of different varieties, yum!
    Enjoy your trip and I hope this helps!