1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel To Nepal

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jnorth88, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

On my next trip, I am thinking of stopping over in Nepal, and wonder how I should go. Can anyone recommend if I should drive in, go by train, or fly? All options are on the table, since I might visit sites in Northern India along the way. Right now, I am leaning to a flight. Opinions?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I don't mind a bus ride necessarily, but does it provide a better view? Is a bus ride up North an experience worth the ride?

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I have never been on that bus and that route so cannot say what it is like. I would imagine it is just like any other bus ride except this one will take you across the border.

5. Elizabetonth

Elizabetonth Member

I took a train from Varanasi, which was fine, and fun, but then, I really enjoy taking trains in India. On the way back, I took a bus, and I would not recommend it. It felt loooooong. It wasn't the most comfortable bus, and so by the end of the journey, it was REALLY uncomfortable. Plus, given how long it is, it's a lot easier to get up and walk around on the train than it is on the bus, so the discomfort was probably intensified by the having to sit in one place for so long.