1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling As A Trade Delegate?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by jnorth88, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I have gotten special trade visas when traveling in South America. Generally, they have come as part of a delegation for doing business. Does anyone know how possible this is to do in India? I might be interested to in contacting the chamber of commerce to set this up, since the papers always seem to go smoother, and can often be used to get discounts on stays, especially when traveling with a group.

2. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

I don't know how you go about this if you are a freelance, or self-employed delegate, but if you are attending a business event in a foreign company as an employee or representative of a company, then they will be able to give you all the information you need, and will probably give you a lot of assistance with the actual paperwork. Trade delegations and business travel is often easier to arrange as international trade increases income and wealth for both countries that are involved.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Very correct. I have looked into it, and just about everything is posted on their government page. Also, they foreign development pages have lots of information to help facilitate this. Currently, I have been asked to go to Iran in the near future, and so I am looking into that, as well. But for any business traveler, it is all straightforward.