1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling on a bus on hilly areas

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Shruti, May 24, 2015.

1. Shruti

Shruti New Member

I would like to get some reviews from travelers who have been on a bus to a hilly area. I have always traveled on a car be it a hilly area of normal area, sometimes it has been considered to travel on a bus but because of me the plan gets cancelled. When I have seen buses on hilly areas, I see them driving roughly and get scared even looking at the, thinking there would be a major accident. The other part is comfort how comfortable is it travelling on a bus which is going up or down hill?

Is it safe traveling on a bus as compared to car?

2. Pravin

Pravin New Member

I have been on a bus a couple of times to hilly destinations, and I haven't had a problem at all. The feeling of the bus going side to side on the hills makes it a bit scary but you would feel the same in a car the only difference is that in a bus you feel it more because you sitting a bit higher than you would in a car. Most hilly destinations have good road conditions and some don't, so it is obvious that the places where the road conditions are not good avoid taking the bus there.
    Comfort depends on the type of bus you get.

3. Deven

Deven Member

It does seem scary but I would say its safe, as these bus drivers as experienced to drive in hilly areas. Although the cost of of traveling by bus maybe cheaper than traveling by a car, what does matter is the comfort and what makes you feel happy. Both modes of transport are safe it is which you find more better traveling in.

4. Prits

Prits Member

I was exactly the same Shruti, every time I traveled on a bus when going to hill stations my heart used to be in my mouth :eek:

5. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Both are safe options! but everything depends on the driver, how he drives... i prefer a car more cos from a car u get a better view and could stop anywhere in b/w the journey, enjoy our " LOVELY HILLS" etc etc....

6. MohanPrasad

MohanPrasad New Member

The drivers for the buses are experienced in driving in such areas, so you should not worry, although it may look scary. Another plus point is that it works out to be very cheap as compared to taking your own vehicle.

7. PavanGhai

PavanGhai New Member

It is not so bad traveling in a bus on hilly places, it was my first trip on a bus to a hill station, it does seem scary but you need to keep in mind the drivers are very experienced.