1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaishno Devi to Patnitop

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Gill, May 18, 2015.

1. Gill

Gill New Member

I am making a pilgrim trip to Vaishno Devi with my family in June and from there on I am thinking of taking my family to Patnitop for a small holiday. I wanted to know whether travelling from Vaishno Devi to Patnitop is a good idea or not. We would be hiring a taxi for our trip and be travelling with two children aged 9 years and 5 years.

2. Rudra

Rudra New Member

Of course it is a good idea, the hill station is close by and in fact only two hours away from Vaishno Devi. Taking a taxi would be fine, but just for information I would like to let you know that there are buses which go from Vaishno Devi to Patnitop as well.
    Enjoy your trip.

3. Bulbul

Bulbul New Member

What is Patnitop like, worth travelling another 2 hours ahead for the trip?

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

patnitop is a good place but personally i dont find it that interesting maybe becaouse i visited it in peak season. the entire route was jammed and it was too crowdy at patnitop everywhere cars and jeeps no place to walk.. nothing to eat except maggi that to highly overpriced with no good taste.. but the journey to patnitop is an expreicne in itself, godly scenes. even paragliding is being conducted there but only in fixed months.

with children journy would be fun if there would be ice. they would be happy but the scenes on your way would be enough to make em happy.

According to me "Hills are the only place where one can see the true beauty of mother earth in modern times" specially the scenery that we see on our way to any hill station.

Gill likes this.
  5. Gill

Gill New Member

It is that close, I didn't realize I thought it would something like 3-4 hours away from Vaishno Devi. Thank you members.

Any recommendations on sight seeing there?

6. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It is a nice addition for people who visit Vaishno mata shrine at Katra because it does not take very long to get there and the scenery is good. I agree with @BadBoy there is hardly anything good to eat there.

7. Arpit

Arpit New Member

Why such a good hill station has not place to eat? Places like these should at least have some decent places to eat and drink, or it maybe that they are not yet so popular as compared to places like Shimla or Mussorie.

8. Ruby

Ruby New Member

That wont sell very well either now, with the latest food inspection of Maggie containing high content of lead. Even small dhaba's are good at these places, good desi khanna always tastes good at hill stations.