1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day in Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by sonia44, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sonia44

sonia44 New Member

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going to spend our first valentine's day in Goa this year. Basically, we want to know is it necessary to book our stay before we reach? The places which we fancy staying at are either not available for online booking and the available options are quite out of our budget. We are not looking for a luxury or 5 star hotel at all and our idea of valentine's day is staying in a beach hut, is it going to be difficult for us to find a nice beach hut if we turn up on 13th or 14 February?

If it is necessary to book a hotel in advance, then can you recommend some nice beach huts to stay?

Thank you,
    Sonia

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi Sonia,

I always suggest everyone not to book in advance, but in your case I must suggest to book it in advance. As you are going there for a very special day for couples so please expect a number of Indian couples there.
    Second, this time valentine s day is on Saturday which is a weekend so in any case it will be difficult to find a nice place after reaching there and if you will find then it would be overpriced.

Please check beach huts in Arambol area, I am sure you will find one in the budget.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, Sonia! Welcome to the forum!

I would recommend that you book a beach hut in advance. Generally, most beach hut resorts advice tourists and guests to book accommodations in advance, whether it's peak season or not. This is to ensure that you would truly get a room or beach hut once you arrive in Goa. Valentine's Day is part of the peak season which is from December to February. And considering it's peak season and it's Valentine's Day, you might run into many tourists during that time of the year.

Here are some beach hut resorts I can recommend to you:

• Green Park Beach Resort in Palolem. Average rates of beach huts start at Rs. 1,000.
    • Patnem Holiday Suites in Patnem. Average price of beach hut is at Rs. 1,000 as well.
    • Rama Resort in Agonda. Average price of beach hut is at Rs. 1,500.
    • Sun 'N Moon Guesthouse in Palolem. Average price of beach hut is Rs. 1,000.
    • Cuba Baga in Baga. Average price of a beach hut is at Rs. 1,950 per night.
    I hope this helps!