1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa on Arrival in India for Britishers

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Lost In India, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

I came across the visa on arrival in India post and found out that UK is not in the list of countries that can get visa on arrival. Is that a mis print? It is hard to understand why UK is not on that list when every other developed nation is including USA and some countries like Nigeria have made it to the list and not UK?

Does any one know if there are plans to have UK included in visa on arrival program?

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

There will be 140 countries in total whose citizens can avail TVOA (Tourist visa on arrival) and it is just a matter of time. 43 countries have been declared and the program rolled out already with tourists coming in and getting visas at all the international airports.

It is just a matter of time when UK and Canada will also be included and the government is most probably saving those announcements till PM Modi goes to these countries.

3. Rob Holden

Rob Holden New Member

Me and my partner are both British and are looking forward to the announcement for UK but there doesn't seem to be any official word on this which leaves us with no option but to apply in advance. It is not easy going to central London on a week day paying the congestion surcharge, Parking for the whole day and then the visa fees in addition to eating out all day on the day we go to get the visa. This all adds up to the cost. It would be so much cheaper to get visa on arrival.