1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Coorg And Sites To See

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by grace, Feb 10, 2016.

1. grace

grace New Member

One place I would really not want to miss is Coorg, the Scotland of India. I want to visit Nagarhole National Park and take a tour by camel through the park and visit the waterfalls. I'd also like to visit a coffee plantation while there but don't know if it is available to tourists?

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Camel safari is not an option at Nagarhole. If memories serve me right, then they only offer Jeep Safari rides to the forest area. However coffee plantations are aplenty and you can easily arrange a guided to tour to one of them through the hotel guys.

Here are a few popular tourist attractions at Coorg -

1. Abbey Falls
    2. Namdroling Monastery
    3. Iruppu Falls
    4. Burude Falls
    5. Talacauvery
    6. Honnamana Kere Lake
    7. Raja's Seat View Point
    8. Madikeri Fort
    9. Tadiandamol Peak

And a few activities that might interest you -

1. White Water Rafting at Upper Barapole River.
    2. MicroLight Flying.
    3. Trekking to the Tadiandamol and Brahmagiri Peak.
    4. Overnight Camping near the Harangi Dam.

Hope, the info helps.

Regards,
    Deb

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

How did Coorg get the name "the Scotland of India"? Does it just have a similar landscape or something?

4. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Not sure, may be a tourism gimmick, but I have not found any resemblance to Scotland. Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya, is far more Scotland-esque (at-least in my eyes).

5. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Coorg seems to cater some of the things that I love to do, for instance trekking, white water rafting, camping etc.
    In order to promote tourism and attract tourists, many places in Indian and other south Asian countries are named after famous tourist places in Europe and America.

6. Adhitachattopadhyay

Adhitachattopadhyay New Member

Coorg is located in the Western Ghats in southern India which is a very beautiful place full of greenery and cool environment. It is mainly famous for green plantation. If you want to really enjoy your honeymoon or romantic holiday,then visit this place. Recently I had visited there with the help of a travel agent and enjoyed alot my trip. Thanks!!