1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Delhi in the metro

Discussion in 'North India' started by Umang007, Jul 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Umang007

Umang007 New Member

I am going to be in Delhi for a while and would like to visit some of the places, I don't want to hire a taxi as it would work out to be too expensive, would it be wise traveling on the Delhi metro to visit the tourist places?

If I travel on Delhi metro would it take longer than traveling in a taxi?

How far are places from the metro station?

What all do you suggest I see in Delhi according to where the metro line goes?

2. Deven

Deven Member

It is not a bad idea travelling on metro to visit places in Delhi, the only issue I see with this is that it would be tiring for you, as you would need to walk up to the nearest station or get an auto there and then again when coming off from the train you would again need to walk or get an auto to your location. Have you heard about the HoHo bus? It is something which you should consider.

Travelling in a taxi would take longer than travelling in the metro.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Yes
    No
    Depends where you want to go.
    Again depends on your interests. Check some of the Delhi threads we have on our forum to see what interests you. Please use search box on top.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

some of the major tourist attractions are near metro stations,
    eg: Qutub minar, Red fort, old delhi,
    markets: INA, tilak nagar etc..

from metro it is fun to travel but beware these days metro have the same rush like their in buses.

Admin and Chahal like this.
  5. Umang007

Umang007 New Member

Thank you members, can you also recommend any good markets in Delhi and also tell what the market is special for if it is for anything.

6. Anurag

Anurag Member

Some places are very close by to tourist attractions and some are a 5-10 minute walk away. Outside every metro station are autos and rickshaws which you can get to reach your destination. Be careful with auto drivers as they tend you riff you off, so it is wise to ask them to go by the meter.

7. PremUlas

PremUlas New Member

If your going to be taking the HoHo bus you will cover near enough all of the attractions, and just to let you know there are two routes which cover different attractions, so if you want you can choose one route or choose both which means the sight seeing for Delhi will take up two days of your trip. Cost wise the HoHo bus would work out to be good.
    Depending on the duration of your trip you can also make a weekly metro card and use that to see places around Delhi in your own time and convenience.

8. Voyager

Voyager New Member

The city is well connected by the Metro because a group of my friends traveled to Delhi last year and did sightseeing using the Metro only. It is also very cheap and convenient because my friends were talking about how much money they saved by not using taxis.