1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo Buses from Delhi to Ramnagar

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Pavan, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Pavan

Pavan New Member

My family and I need to get to Ramnagar from Delhi, after stopping at Ramnagar we will head towards Jim Corbett and Nainital.

I would like to know where we can get the Volvo buses from Delhi to Ramnagar?

Do we need to prebook the tickets or can we get them there and then?

Does a ticket need to be purchased for kids under the age of 5 years old?

How long does the journey from Delhi to Ramnagar take?

Is it best to travel during the day or night on the bus to Ramnagar?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum! Here's the answers to your questions:

I would like to know where we can get the Volvo buses from Delhi to Ramnagar?
    • There are three bus stations in Delhi: Maharana Pratap Inter State Bus Terminus, Sarai Kale Khan Inter-State Bus Terminus and Anand Vihar Terminal.
    Do we need to prebook the tickets or can we get them there and then?
    • I think you can do both. But for reliability, I'd choose to prebook the tickets so you won't have a hassle during the day of the trip. You have kids as well so you wouldn't want to line up for buying tickets.
    Does a ticket need to be purchased for kids under the age of 5 years old?
    • No, children below the age of six years old travel free of any charges. Those above the age of six years old but not beyond 12 years old, will pay child fare. Those above 12 years old have to pay an adult fare.
    How long does the journey from Delhi to Ramnagar take?

• The journey takes about six to seven hours depending on the traffic that you encounter and how many delays you have.
    Is it best to travel during the day or night on the bus to Ramnagar?
    • I'd suggest to travel during the day time so it's safer since you also have kids. When you arrive at your destination, you can then rest and tour the next day.
    I hope this helps!