1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo buses from Kolkata Airport to Howrah

Discussion in 'East India' started by Tanmay, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Tanmay

Tanmay New Member

I will be arriving at Kolkata airport on a Sunday around 4.30pm and need to reach Howrah. I have decided that traveling by a Volvo bus would be the best. It would be great is someone can provide the timings for Volvo buses to Howrah from the airport.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

If you mean Howrah station.. then the buses run after every 30 min, from early in the morning to around 10pm in the night... if you have to board a train from Howrah reach it before time as its a huge station with many platforms(more than 15).. the traffic maybe there as well.. so be prepared.

Chahal likes this.

3. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Once you reach the airport, get out through gate no. 1 and go further backwards. you would find the Bus bay. buses run every 30 min. it would take at least 2 hours to reach Howrah.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are several buses plying from the Kolkata Airport to Howrah. These are:
    • E4 (CSTC) which has several stopovers including the Dum Dum Airport, Parnasree and Esplanade. It ends in Howrah Station.
    • GL2 which picks up passengers from Airport Gate No. 1 and has several stopovers before reaching Howrah Station.
    • 30B/1 which starts at the Dum Dum Airport and has stopovers like Guha Road and Nager Bazaar before it halts at Howrah Station.
    • L238 which has some stopovers before the airport. It stops over at Airport Gates No. 1 and 2. Its last stop is the Howrah Fire Station.
    • VS2 which runs from the Dum Dum Airport to Howrah with several stopovers in between.
    Now, here are the timings for the VS2 or Volvo Buses from Dum Dum Airport to Howrah:
    • Morning: First bus service starts at 8:00 am. From there on, you can find buses every 30 minutes.
    • Evening: Last bus is at 9:15 pm, after that, you won't find any buses in the airport for this route.
    I hope this helps!

5. Shiv

Shiv Member

There is a regular Volvo bus service from Kolkata Airport to Howrah. The buses start from 8 am until 7 pm, and a bus leaves every 30 minutes, and the journey should be from 1 hour to 1 and 30 minutes.

You will be able to get the Volvo bus from the right side of the main entrance of the Kolkata airport. I am assuming you would like to be dropped at Howrah station and the bus stops near platform numbers 8 and 9.