1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Does Remote Location Waiting List Mean?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Riddy, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Riddy

Riddy New Member

I have booked a train ticket from Mumbai to Pune, and I have a status which reads RLWL, from what I know this means remote location waiting list.
    What does this status actually mean? What chances do I have for a confirmed ticket?

I am on holiday and for me to waste a day if my ticket gets cancelled is not good. Please advise how I can get a confirmed ticket or when the earliest time is I would be able to find out that my ticket is confirmed.

If my ticket gets cancelled will I get a refund?

2. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Its when you get a ticket for a quiet, often rural, station thats between two other busier stations. As the other stations will be better connected, a RLWL ticket will get you on the train as a priority, but still after those with a GWL (General waiting list) ticket, as you have less opportunities for travel than the people in the busier stations. I've not explained that too well but basically it gives you priority on the train as you're leaving from a more rural location. The GWL (general waiting list) ticket will take priority over your ticket however, and there is a chance that your ticket might not be confirmed due to a lack of cancellations.