1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When And Where Can I See Snow In India?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Annette, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Annette

Annette Member

I'm never able to see snow where I live in the United States; it just never gets cold enough for that. So I thought maybe I'd have the opportunity to see it while we're vacationing. When and where can I see snow in India?

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

It does snow in the higher altitude in India, for instance Jammu, Kashmir, Himalchal, but you will never see snow in the cities like Delhi and Mumbai.

3. Seraphina

Seraphina New Member

This is good question! We get plenty of snow where we live, so I may have to avoid the higher elevations in order to stay in a warmer climate while on vacation.

4. RBean

RBean New Member

There is skiing in northern parts of India like Gulmarg in the Himalayas and Kulfri, so I bet there is plenty of snow in these regions. You can book into ski resorts and enjoy the snow.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I chuckled at this because I'm actually dreaming of India to escape the snow, not find it! ;) I would love to be somewhere warm right now!

I can totally understand if you don't get to see snow much (or at all) how it would be a novelty and fun!

6. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

Funny, when I think of vacations I think of getting to go somewhere warm. I do have friends who go on skiing vacations once a year. They've gone skiing in Europe so it's not that odd for me to hear that someone is asking about snow.

7. KapilM

KapilM New Member

When will you be in India?