1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Is The Best Time To Visit India?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Jackie, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

I have three months to choose from for my vacation this year. The first is April, the second is August, and the third is October. Of these three months, when would be the best time to travel to India?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Everything I have read says November to March is best, based on climate - it's cooler and dryer then. I would probably go with October or April rather than August since they're closer to the window that a lot of sources suggest.

3. Daira

Daira New Member

That's good to know that November to March is the best time. Thanks for the tip! My husband's vacation time is usually best taken between those months, so our travel plans will work out just right.

4. AanchalSingh

AanchalSingh New Member

Where you are planning to visit??? The three months that you have selected for traveling, I think the October is the best. The weather is also clear and cool.

5. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

October is one of the best time to visit India especially Chhattisgarh

6. ameliebrown

ameliebrown New Member

November and December is the best time to visit India especially Shimla and Manali if you are looking for Snowfall.

7. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would say November to March. But don't feel locked to that. I know you have your options, but there are also culturally relevant celebrations that happen throughout the year. It makes sense to visit during these times and experience a major holiday.

8. Geena

Geena New Member

I'd strongly recommend going between the month of October to March. But then again, that'll also depend on which part of India you're planning to go to. Most parts will remain warm even during the winter season but if you go up north, it can get quite humid making it completely freezing.

I thought it was absurd of me to pack along a pair of jeans and a sweater to go to India.

You can only imagine how so very proud I was of myself that I did.

9. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I never went there but I can tell you what I do no matter where I go. I like to see all faces of a country so if I could I would go in all 4 seasons. Just don't think much. Pick one. India is beautiful and you will probably go next year too. Then pick another month and so on. That is what I do when I go on holiday. India is very big and versatile so you can find what you want in any time of year. Probably. As I said. I never went there and I would like to.

10. roger1003

roger1003 New Member

You may visit around October through March because of the climate. However, those months are high season. Travelling from April through September is low season so you may get more favorable costs. I suggest you visit either April or October, as it's between the high and low season.

11. incrediblehero

incrediblehero New Member

Best time to visit India is in winter season so that you can enjoy a little snow in India coolest cities :)

12. rajesh

rajesh Member

I would recommend you to visit India in the month of October. The cold climate just starts at this month and you can enjoy the vacation to its full extent. Jammu and Kashmir is known the paradise of India and heavy snowfall takes place after October and you will be able to enjoy the snowfall along with visiting to many places! You can also visit Manali in October (you can enjoy heavy snowfall in the winter season in Manali).

13. perfectguy

perfectguy New Member

According to me the best time to visit India is August for you because from July monsoon starts and till the end of October and beginning of November.And you can feel the texture of all the seasons and you can see the evergreen beauty of my India.And if you visit any Zoo then you will be able to see the pretty dance of Indian national bird Peacock.
    You are most welcome.

14. Maja

Maja Member

I usually do most of my travelling during October because it's usually Autumn in most countries. And the weather is just perfect, not too cold and not too hot. And based on what I've read about India, it is best to travel there between the end of October and mid-March.

15. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

New Year time is always great wherever you are. They have stalls, carnivals, fairs, lights all around. It's definitely a magical time. They also bring out the best food and drinks during this time of year, and because it's the holidays, you have an excuse not to control yourself when eating and drinking. Everyone's having fun, and all you have to do is join in.