1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Is Better Jaisalmer Or Jodhpur?

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Ruchi, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ruchi

Ruchi New Member

Just before the summers start, I want to go for a holiday to Rajasthan with my wife. We will be going to Jaipur and the second destination we cannot decide upon.

The two choices for the second destination in Rajasthan are Jaisalmer and Jodhpur.

Please suggest which is better Jaisalmer or Jodhpur?

rajneesh kumar likes this.

2. Deven

Deven Member

I would suggest going to Jaisalmer for your second destination in Rajasthan. It not just preferred by me by any other tourists as well and its won votes against Jodhpur hands down.
    Jodhpur is pretty much similar to Jaipur whereas Jaisalmer is very different, and you will also experience a different side of Rajasthan.

Both destinations have beautiful forts and palaces but the advantage with Jaisalmer is that you can go to the desert safari, which is the main attraction of Jaisalmer. There are many activities that can be done at the dessert as well as camping.

3. Prits

Prits Member

I have been to both places Jodhpur and Jaisalmer and I have to say that Jaisalmer is much worth visiting, and its actually a must that you go on the desert safari.
    Unfortunately, you have just missed the dessert festival which takes place every year in the month of February, it's a great experience and there is plenty to see and do during the festival.

If your keen on the festival and its feasible for you can maybe go to Jaisalmer next year during the desert festival and maybe this time go to Jaipur and Jodhpur.

4. rajneesh kumar

rajneesh kumar New Member

Jaisalmer is best to visit than Jodhpur and Jaipur till March only. If two destinations have been planned, then Jaipur is good to go.

Happy Travelling.

5. In my point of view, both places are good, you can try to visit Jaisalmer. Here you can enjoy the visit to the fort and Camel Safari. Try tour packages of Jaisalmer and make memories to your journey.
    Regards
    Indiator Travel

6. Travel Freak

Travel Freak New Member

Out of both of the destinations, I would suggest going to Jaisalmer as it would be a different experience in the same state.

But seeing how hot it is now I would recommend that you visit Jaisalmer between October and March when the weather is more suitable. It is also a time when you would enjoying being at Jaisalmer as it won't be as hot and you can enjoy the desert adventures.

7. Karan

Karan Member

Jaisalmer and Jodhpur are both beautiful cities in Rajasthan, India, and they both offer a unique Rajasthani experience. However, they have different things to offer, so the best choice for you will depend on your interests.

Jaisalmer is known for its desert forts and palaces, and it is a great place to experience a traditional Rajasthani lifestyle. The city is also home to the Thar Desert, which is a popular destination for desert safaris and camel rides.
    Jodhpur is known for its blue city, its Mehrangarh Fort, and its lively culture. The city is also home to the Umaid Bhawan Palace, one of the largest private residences in the world.

Here is a quick comparison, to help you make your decision easier.

Jaisalmer

Atmosphere
    - Desert Oasis
    Main attractions - Jaisalmer Fort, Thar Desert, Gadisar Lake
    Things to do - Camel safaris, desert camping, shopping, sightseeing
    Food - Rajasthani cuisine
    Best time to visit - October-March

Jodhpur

Atmosphere
    - Blue City
    Main attractions - Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhawan Palace
    Things to do - Fort visits, bazaar shopping, cultural activities