1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Has Visited Pakistan Recently?

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by George, Jan 28, 2016.

1. George

George Member

I'd love to cross the boarder to Pakistan, but I'm a little afraid. I'm not sure if I'll have some problems or if there will be bombings when I am there. With all the recent problems in Europe and around I'm wondering how safe it would be to go to Pakistan.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Honestly, my country's government travel advisory advice says not to go - well, the exact wording is "reconsider your need to travel".

"We strongly advise you to reconsider your need to travel to Pakistan due to the unpredictable security situation, including the high threat of terrorist attack, kidnapping and sectarian violence."

I'm sure a lot of the news stories we hear are the media picking and choosing the most horrifying things to cover (because scary stuff gets a reaction and gets viewers/readers) but at the same time if my government's travel site says to reconsider then I would be thinking twice. You also have to think about it from a travel insurance point of view and whether any companies will actually cover you if you choose to go there.

3. George

George Member

You have made a lot of good points here. I have always wanted to see Pakistan, but recently have changed my mind on that. I don't want to get stuck in such a place and have problems. I'm sure the US Government wouldn't come and find me if anything happened to me.

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

I have never been to Pakistan. However, I will love to visit Pakistan someday. I have avoided visiting Pakistann for following reasons:
    I am Hindu and Pakistan is very hostile to Hindus
    There is some kind of internal war, the fight between different sects.
    The country is frequently bombed by the US on terrorists targets.

5. swalia

swalia Guest

Pakistan is a country which would be last on my list. Though I have heard that common people in Pakistan welcome Indians with open arms, just like Indians welcome them but the Pakistani government is anti-India. India has been facing terrorist attacks since so many years and all this terrorism is supported and funded by Pakistan. Even the internal situation in Pakistan is not very peaceful. There is no law and order. So it's a country best avoided till the situation thee becomes better.

6. tri-n-b-helpful

tri-n-b-helpful New Member

I think this is a sad time for tourism in Pakistan and in fact in many countries around the world. I am in fact quite outraged (and when I feel angry enough I tend to write a lot more than I otherwise would!), by the victimization of certain countries which we as Westerners know far too little about. In this time, there is a certain power that wants to incite war and civil unrest all over the world. It is our duty as world citizens to promote peace if we want to see world peace. We can start doing this by doubting the credibility of the mass media, which our governments also rely too heavily upon, and learn to seek out a balanced perspective of every individual situation via our independent media channels, of which we actually have quite a few. I have made a habit of doing this ever since Pakistan was targeted by the media as a terrorist haven and has undergone many invasions of its sovereignty and territorial integrity for a very long time. There is not one scrap of solid evidence on the ground that terrorism in Pakistan or India or any neighboring country is funded nor militarily supported by Pakistan's Government nor even its own people. Pakistan's government, in conjunction with Russian and Chinese Intelligence, has not found one single Pakistan terrorist inside of its borders. Those who have been caught and arrested were found later not to be Pakistani, but funded by and trained in the City of London, England, as American questioning has revealed on many occasions. The "terrorism" death toll inside Pakistan's borders is also quite high from such "terrorist attacks" on the ground and then again from "anti-terrorist" air strikes. I have also heard of many anti-Pakistan demonstrations going on in India. This nonsense must stop and the truth be told. The government in Pakistan is being controlled, bullied and manipulated, just as it has been for a very long time. PM Modi has also been pushed to openly strike "terrorist stronghold" targets in Pakistan, but he has steadfastly refused. There is no way India will make the mistake of going to war on the basis of "they have weapons of mass destruction".

If I had a reason to visit a country such as Pakistan, I would do so regardless of my Governments "warnings". Because they have demonstrated many times previously that they will do nothing to intervene when "terrorism" is concerned, whether they warn against it or not, then they have also no right to prevent me from going there. If no insurance company on earth will back me, then I'd apply directly to Pakistan Government accredited tourist operators and to the relevant government minister. I would go there and take lots of footage of all the beautiful places and wonderful people in touching scenes that will make people at home bawl their eyes out for weeks and make sure I post it all on a purpose-built website so the whole world can see just how much we have all been lied to about a country that has been targeted as "terrorist" whilst having their people killed, weak government divided and staged events, like riots or demonstrations "Hollywood-Style" blamed on them and at the same time having trade sanctions, tourist sanctions and international condemnation applied to them and for what? Now, I'm not advising we all just go there and break up someone's idea of racial genocide, even though it would be possible. We should, however, begin to make excuses for peace, especially when it is so easy just to run with someone else's pro-war agenda.

amelia88 likes this.
  7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

That's right - you're definitely still within your rights to go there! I liked what you said about going there and filming all the beautiful things you would see. I don't know if you know the blog/website Humans of New York, but that's what Brandon did - went to Pakistan, chatted with the locals, took photos of the scenery and so forth. Getting a local's perspective of life there certainly opened my eyes.

tri-n-b-helpful likes this.
  8. Delilah

Delilah New Member

I have a lot of Pakistani friends living in my city, and I would love to visit their country some time. However, I think right now is not a good time because of what's currently happening unfortunately.

9. Laeticia

Laeticia New Member

It is a shame though because I have read so many things about this country and it apparently has some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.

10. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I have never been to Pakistan, but I have a couple of friends who have a few years ago before all the problems started. They said that it was a beautiful place and it's a must-see country.