1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst times to visit (place)

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by dane, Jul 7, 2016.

1. dane

dane New Member

Thought it would be good to get a list of worst time to visit places. Anywhere in India.
    Just list the place and the reason, wether it be terrible weather or events that make it overcrowded.

2. gamer2x

gamer2x New Member

Mumbai - August to October. This is the monsoon season and you would find heavy flooding at-least twice, which can hamper your traveling plans as you would be confined to your hotel.
    Himachal Pradesh: December start : This is normally the tourist season there, but at-least one snow blizzard each season cuts off the entire state from outside.

3. rootle

rootle Member

Most of India would be unpleasant during the summer. In Delhi, in particular, the summer is the worst time to visit. The temperature goes above 40 degrees Celsius every year and usually gets to about 48. This is too hot to enjoy being outside, and you'll be need to go outside

4. vkar

vkar Member

I like the idea of this thread. It's different. From my own experience I can say that the worst time to visit Kerala is from May to June. It's too hot and rainy too. Same with Assam. I would never want to visit Tamil Nadu in May/June its so hot. I would do anything to avoid Kolkata in the summer too.

5. djtravels

djtravels Member

Worst time to visit Leh is after the monsoon season. Especially, if you're traveling via Manali. The rains bring with them landslides and the like. And the path is so remote that you wouldn't want to get stuck there.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I get the idea that India is like the Philippines in terms of climate. When it is summer, oh, it is searing hot. When it is the rainy season, everything is wet and worse, we have floods here. And for a tourist like me, well, I would try to enjoy the summer heat than the rainy weather. We had experienced the rains last year in Singapore that ruined our vacation. So in going to India, I guess the best timing would be in summer so we can freely move around.

7. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

For plain lands, any time between Oct' to Mar' and for hill stations, avoid the rainy and winter seasons.

Alexandoy likes this.
  8. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

With nature playing truant these days it is difficult to predict how it will pan out. Going by old standards and assuming you do not like to get wet, or sweat or wear heavy clothing, Karnataka would be having heavy rains between June-August and extreme summer during April-May. Parts of North India will have freezing cold around October - February and extreme heat around April - June. Places like Shimla, Kullu, Manali and Kashmir has good weather throughout except when there is extreme weather as mentioned above.
    Those who like rain I suggest Goa - it has some pleasant weather this time of year.

For heavy discounts however picking up off season timings could be a good suggestion.