1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst times to visit (place)

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by dane, Jul 7, 2016.

1. dane

dane New Member

Thought it would be good to get a list of worst time to visit places. Anywhere in India.
    Just list the place and the reason, wether it be terrible weather or events that make it overcrowded.
  2. gamer2x

gamer2x New Member

Mumbai - August to October. This is the monsoon season and you would find heavy flooding at-least twice, which can hamper your traveling plans as you would be confined to your hotel.
    Himachal Pradesh: December start : This is normally the tourist season there, but at-least one snow blizzard each season cuts off the entire state from outside.
  3. rootle

rootle Member

Most of India would be unpleasant during the summer. In Delhi, in particular, the summer is the worst time to visit. The temperature goes above 40 degrees Celsius every year and usually gets to about 48. This is too hot to enjoy being outside, and you'll be need to go outside
  4. vkar

vkar Member

I like the idea of this thread. It's different. From my own experience I can say that the worst time to visit Kerala is from May to June. It's too hot and rainy too. Same with Assam. I would never want to visit Tamil Nadu in May/June its so hot. I would do anything to avoid Kolkata in the summer too.
  5. djtravels

djtravels Member

Worst time to visit Leh is after the monsoon season. Especially, if you're traveling via Manali. The rains bring with them landslides and the like. And the path is so remote that you wouldn't want to get stuck there.