1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 days trip from Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by SBD1976, Jul 4, 2017.

1. SBD1976

SBD1976 New Member

I still need to take my kids for an outing to some place, as I didn't get any time in the holidays. Unfortunately, I can only manage two days for a holiday.

As the duration is very less I need some advice from forum members to what places I can visit for a 2 days trip from Delhi?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Hi SBD1976.

There are a couple of places which you can visit with your family for 2 days. Unless you leave very early for the destination you would have enough time otherwise it would just be a touch and go trip which won't be worth it.

Here is a list of places which you can visit in the 2 days which you have free. I have also mentioned the distance from Delhi for your convenience so you get an idea of how long the journey is and give you an idea of which place would be most suitable for your trip.

Kesroli - Distance from Delhi is 158km.
    Kesroli is an ideal place for those who love wildlife and and forts. It is one of the oldest heritage sites in Rajasthan. It is the closest destination to travel to from Delhi.
    The nearest railway station to Kesroli is Alwar which is at a distance of 12km.

Sariska - Distance from Delhi is 201km.
    Sariska is famous for its tiger reserve which all age groups would enjoy visiting. There are also temples and lakes you can visit.
    You can travel by car or get a train to Alwar, from there Sariska is 35km.

Agra - Distance from Delhi is 219km
    We all know Agra is famous for the Taj Mahal, something which everyone loves going to visit. The list doesn't stop there as you can also visit forts there and even stop at Vrindavan on your way back to Delhi.
    Again you can travel by car or easily get a train to Agra which has four railway stations the most popular one being Agra Cantt station.

Rajaji National Park - Distance from Delhi is 223km.
    Rajaji National Park is in Uttarakhand and is a famous place for its wildlife park and bird watching.
    The nearest railway station is Rishikesh which is 18km away from the park.

Rishikesh - Distance from Delhi is 232km.
    This is destination famous for its river rafting, temples and also hilly areas. Just like mentioned above you can also visit Rajaji National Park which is only 18km away.
    There is a railway station in Rishikesh, so you can easily get a train.

Lansdowne - Distance from Delhi is 236km.
    Lansdowne with time is becoming a popular holiday destination.
    There is plenty to see and do in Lansdowne which includes wildlife places, hills, and temples.
    If traveling by train you need to reach the Kotdwar railway station.

Corbett National Park - Distance from Delhi is 254km.
    Corbett National Park is a very popular national park and an ideal place where you can spend a good 2 days. Apart from the park, there is rafting which you can do, see some waterfalls and rivers.
    Ramnagar is the closest railways station to Corbett National Park which is at a distance of 10km.

Parwanoo - Distance from Delhi is 266km.
    If you want some good views and peace then Parwanoo is an ideal place to visit.
    The nearest railways station is Kalka which is 10km away from Parwanoo.

Jaipur - Distance from Delhi is 269km.
    A popular holiday destination where there is plenty to see and do, so the two days spend there will be occupied with going to one place or another as Jaipur is a destination full of forts, palaces and museums.
    There is a train which goes from Delhi straight to Jaipur.

Admin likes this.

3. Esha Sharma

Esha Sharma New Member

I would definitively suggest Rajasthan for two reasons – the drive to different locations is an experience in itself, and any destination that you choose has a lot of hidden gems apart from the popular sites recommended by everyone.

The state is one of the top tourist destinations in India and there are a multitude of places to visit in Rajasthan. Massive forts and beautiful palaces, medieval cities, pristine lakes, Rajasthan will offer you an indulgent vacation with your kids. It is also a good opportunity to make the kids learn about the historical structures while they visit the forts and palaces they’ve read about in their History books. Plus, you can take your kids for a camel safari across the Thar Desert. To narrow it down, here are the 3 most popular tourist places of Rajasthan for a two-day trip: -

1. Jaipur- “Pink City”

· Distance from Delhi- 281.4 km

· Major attractions- Sheesh Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Birla Mandir, Hawa Mahal, City palace, Nahargarh Fort and Jaigarh Fort.

2. Jodhpur - “Blue City”

· Distance from Delhi- 606.9 km

· Major attractions- Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Mandore Gardens, and Kailana Lake.

3. Udaipur- “Venice of the East”

· Distance from Delhi- 663.2 km

· Major attractions- City Palace, Lake Pichola, Lake Palace, Bagore ki Haveli, Jagdish Temple

Let us all know the destination you finally ended up going to, and some photographs as well :D