1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaishno Devi Trip in 2 days

Discussion in 'North India' started by Bulbul, May 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bulbul

Bulbul New Member

I am coming to Delhi for a family wedding, and before the wedding I would like to make a trip to Vaishno Devi, my initial plan is to take only 2 days there and then be back in Delhi in time for the wedding ceremonies. I wanted to know whether a 2 day trip would be sufficient for Vaishno Devi including the journey from Delhi and Vasihno Devi and then back.

If this is possible then please give details on best way to get there, the time of day which I should leave and also stay at Vaishno Devi if it is necessary.

2. Deven

Deven Member

A 2 day trip would be too short and tiring for you. You need at least a minimum 3 days for the trip, you need to think about the travel time getting there and back and also the climb to Vaishno Devi.

3. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Depends on your physical ability.3 night- 2 day is possible. I know many people who start Friday night by train from Delhi. Reach Katra on Saturday morning. Take little rest. Start the4 climb at around 5-6 pm on Saturday evening and do Darshan at middle of night and climb back by Sunday morning. Take a little rest. Then start back for Delhi Sunday evening and reach Delhi on Monday morning.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Before the wedding means you aren't gonna be able to dance in the wedding if you are anything like me. I get muscle cramps in thighs and calves after every trip to Vaishno Devi. As Panchabhut mentioned it all depends on level of fitness. I am not young any more and I would find it a bit taxing myself. Depends on how active you are.

5. Prits

Prits Member

It would also depend on how you would go to the Vaishno Devi mandir, i.e walk, horse or the people carriers. Seeing you will be coming from a long flight I don't think it would be a good idea to take off for the Vaishno Devi trip straight away, I would recommend you going after the wedding, but if you know you have enough energy or stamina then by all means go for it and you can complete the trip in 3 days.

6. Bulbul

Bulbul New Member

After much thought I have decided that maybe it be best if I go to Vaishno Devi after the wedding, otherwise like members have said I will too tired for the wedding functions and I think if I go after the wedding I will be able to spend some time there.
    Thank you everyone.

7. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

You can also include patnitop if you want as it is not too far from there.

8. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

You would kill yourself if you did a Vaishno Devi trip just before a wedding, and the main issue just in case you wont be able to reach back in Delhi on time you would feel gutted for missing the wedding.
    Good choice you made of going after the wedding.