1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accommodation near the train station

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Alexandoy, May 13, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Whenever we travel abroad, my first consideration with the accommodation its proximity to the transportation, be it bus terminal or train station. But usually, the countries we go to have the trains like Japan recently and also Hongkong. In Osaka, Japan, our hotel was just beside the train station so we didn't have a problem in carrying our baggages when going home. But in Hongkong, it is about 300 meters of walking from the hotel to the train station and that's really not good when we had a lot of baggages to carry.

2. pravish

pravish Member

Yes, carrying your bags from the train stations to the hotel is like a mission when you have a lot of baggage . If you plan to visit India, every train station you will have porters to carry your bag. The charge a small fee, which usually ranges from.75 cents to a dollar per bag. The charge also depends on how far you are going to use his services. When I plan to travel out of India, I always make sure I am light with my luggage to avoid such inconvenience.