Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Theni, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Theni

Theni New Member

Good evening everyone, I am Theni and I would like to find a few things about Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple.

I would like to know exactly where the Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple is located in Chennai?

What is the nearest railway station to the temple?

What are the temple timings?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple is located in Thiruvananthapuram (also known as Trivandrum), which is the capital city of the state of Kerala in India and not Chennai. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is considered one of the 108 Divya Desams, which are important shrines in Vaishnavism. The temple is renowned for its architectural beauty, particularly its intricate carvings and sculptures, and is a popular pilgrimage site for devotees of Lord Vishnu.

The nearest railway station to Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple is the Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station. It is located approximately 2.5 km away from the temple and is well-connected to major cities in India. From the railway station, you can easily hire a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach the temple. Alternatively, you can also use public transportation like buses, which are available from the railway station to various parts of the city including the temple.

The timings of Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple are as follows:

Morning Darshan: 3:30 am to 4:45 am (Nirmalya Darshanam) Morning Darshan: 6:30 am to 7:00 am Morning Darshan: 8:30 am to 10:00 am Evening Darshan: 5:00 pm to 6:15 pm Evening Darshan: 6:45 pm to 7:20 pm (Deeparadhana)

Please note that the temple timings may change during special occasions and festivals, so it is advisable to check the temple's official website or contact the temple authorities for the latest timings before planning your visit.