1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Konark Sun Temple?

Discussion in 'East India' started by Rupa, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Rupa

Rupa New Member

I am going to be in Puri for about 10 days and I have made my itinerary trip to visit the places in Puri. One place I would like to visit is the Konark Sun Temple, I know this is some distance from Puri. I would like to know how to reach Konark Sun Temple?

2. Karan

Karan Member

The distance between Puri and Konark Sun City Temple is 34km which would take you about an hour to reach by car.

You can either get a local bus from Puri to Konark Sun City Temple or hire a cab. Both methods of transport are easy and comfortable, the only difference is that getting a cab would work out to be more expensive than getting a bus.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018

3. Deven

Deven Member

Reaching the Konark Sun Temple from Puri is a relatively straightforward journey. Konark is located approximately 35 kilometers northeast of Puri. Here are the common modes of transportation to reach Konark Sun Temple from Puri:

By Road:
    1. Taxi or Cab:
      • Hiring a taxi or cab is one of the most convenient options. You can hire a private taxi for a round trip or opt for local cab services. This provides flexibility and comfort, allowing you to explore at your own pace.
    2. Auto-rickshaw:
      • Auto-rickshaws are a popular and cost-effective mode of transportation. Negotiate the fare before starting the journey.
    3. Self-Drive:
      • Renting a car or a scooter is an option if you prefer to drive. Ensure you have the necessary documents and permits.
    By Bus:
    1. State Transport Buses:
      • Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) operates buses between Puri and Konark. These buses are a budget-friendly option.
    2. Private Buses:
      • Private bus operators may also offer services between Puri and Konark. Check with local travel agencies for schedules and availability.
    By Train:
    1. Nearest Railway Station:
      • The nearest railway station to Konark is Puri Railway Station. From Puri, you can take a train to Khurda Road Junction, and from there, hire a taxi or take a bus to Konark.
    Tips:
    • Travel Time:
      • The journey from Puri to Konark by road typically takes around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the mode of transportation and traffic conditions.
    • Entry Fees:
      • Be aware of the entry fees for the Konark Sun Temple. Foreign tourists may have different rates than Indian nationals.
    • Local Guides:
      • Consider hiring a local guide at the temple to provide insights into the historical and architectural significance of the site.
    • Weather Considerations:
      • Check the weather conditions, especially if you plan to explore the temple complex extensively.
    Ensure you plan your trip well, considering the time it takes to explore the Konark Sun Temple and other nearby attractions. It's advisable to check the availability of transportation and any travel advisories before embarking on your journey.