1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaches in Gujrat

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Ramachandaran, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Ramachandaran

Ramachandaran New Member

I was just wondering that Gujrat is also on coastline but still I do not see any promotion and many people talking about beaches of Gujrat. What would be the reason for this, Gujrat beaches are not worth going, are not clean or something else?

Does anyone know about any good beaches in Gujrat?
    How's nightlife of Gujrat beaches?
    Do we have any bars there (I know Gujrat is a alcohol free zone but at least beaches?)

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Yes, Gujrat is also on the coastline and there are many beaches, but all of them are just family beaches where people go for evening walk only, the only reason I can see for Gujrat beaches being less attractive is that you don't get alcohol there and there is no way to buy or consume alcohol down there.

Nightlife in Gujrat is limited to, fine dining only which goes till 11:30 or 12 AM at max, restaurants in Gujrat are not allowed to serve alcohol so forget about night clubs and bars.

3. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

Alcohol is the only reason I do not venture into that state. Tourism and ban on alcohol do not go hand in hand very well.

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

All you get is chai nashta in Gujrat and that doesn't go very well in the evenings :)

5. Bholae Nath

Bholae Nath New Member

If you want to enjoy then its better not to pick Gujrat. I think beaches in Gujrat are good for typical Indian families and for those who are not at all into alcohol. I am not sure if you can imagine a beach full of ladies wearing suit or sari and on the other hand families enjoying traditional Gujrati food on a bedsheet. That's exactly what you can expect down there.