1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations In India

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Debapriya Deb, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Honeymoon is all about spending some quality time with your loved one, looking into the eyes of one another, holding hands and whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears. Add to that the backdrop of a sun-kissed, deserted virgin beach and the azure sea as your only companion - nothing can be more romantic than this setup.

India is blessed with some terrific beach destinations, but not all are conducive for the 'eternally in love' sugar-birds on a romantic honeymoon joyride. If you are on the lookout for a romantic beach destination to share the special feeling of love with someone special in your life, then here's introducing you to five lonely yet beautiful beaches which boast of the kind of atmosphere that can wake up the quiescent lovebirds in you.

The first installment of 'Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India' will introduce you to the Belekeri Beach at Ankola in the North Karnataka district.

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India - Part 1

Destination - Belekeri Beach
    Nearest Town - Ankola (8 KM)
    District - North Karnataka
    State - Karnataka

Belekeri Beach is bestowed with such a serene environment that won't let you pass a single moment without love and romance! Express your tenderly emotions without coining a single word - let the alluring breeze do the talk on your behalf! It is the perfect place to get bitten by the love-bugs in the most adorable ways.

Lay by the sea soaking in the refreshing sea breeze or take a leisurely walk on the white sandy sea-shore dotted with coconut grooves, the romantic atmosphere at this pristine beach will make you feel that 'love is in the air'.

Besides Belekeri beach, Ankola has a number of beautiful beaches that are largely unexplored till date. The vast stretches of white sandy sea-shore at Nadibagh beach and Honey beach will surely leave you amazed. Gabitkeni beach and Hani Gudi beach are known to offer splendid views of sunset, while you can take a sneak-peak in to the life of the fishermen community at the Keni beach.

How to Reach there?

Belekeri is a small hamlet in the vicinity of Ankola town in North Karnataka district. It is situated off NH-17, which connects Karwar to Mangalore.

The state-run KSRTC operates buses between Ankola and other nearby towns in Karnataka. Direct buses are available from Karwar, Kumta and Mangalore. Belekeri Beach is situated at a distance of 8 KM from the Ankola bus stand. You can hire an auto-rickshaw to arrive at the beach.

Belekeri Beach is situated in between Karwar and Ankola. If you are driving down on your own vehicle, then take the NH-17 from Karwar and proceed towards Ankola for 22 KM. Then you need to deviate from the highway and take a diversion towards right. Drive along this narrow stretch for around 5 KM and you will arrive at the picturesque Belekari village.

The nearest railway station is again at Ankola (ANKL). Ankola station is under the supervision of Konkan Railways and has direct rail connectivity with Mangalore, Bangalore, Mumbai, Trivandrum and Margao (Goa).

Dabolim airport in Goa is the nearest airport situated at a distance of around 80 KM. Hubli airport is 115 KM away. If you are coming from abroad, then the closest International airport is at Mangalore (230 KM).

Things To Do:

1. Unwind at the deserted Belekeri Beach.
    2. Go for a spell of sun bath.
    3. Take a dip and swim in the inviting Arabian sea.
    4. Watch the spectacular sunset from Belekeri Beach and Hani Gudi Beach.
    5. Take an evening stroll on the secluded Nadibhag Beach.
    6. Discover the unexplored Gabitkeni beach, Honey beach and Keni Beach.

Where to Stay?

Being a relatively small town, Ankola does not have too many staying options. Belekeri beach is yet to develop as a booming tourist destination, hence do not expect a five-star hotel here. While most of the accommodations are economic and mid-budget in nature, you can find a few deluxe resorts also. Few reliable boarding options are listed below -

NoHotelLocationMinimum TariffContact
    1Hotel SapnaAnkola Bus StandINR 650(+91) 83882 31979
    2Hotel Gokul ResidencyDr Desai Road, AnkolaINR 900(+91) 83882 32270
    3Hotel Kamat PlusDr Desai Road, AnkolaINR 1500(+91) 83882 32677
    4Hotel ShantisagarNH17, AnkolaINR 1850(+91) 83882 32786
    5Honey Beach ResortNH17, AnkolaINR 3500(+91) 83882 31112
    Nearby Places of Interest:

1. Gokarna - 26 KM
    2. Karwar - 38 KM
    3. Murudeshwar - 82 KM.

Have you ever been to this lovely place? If yes, then we would love to hear from you. If no, then are you tempted to go there in the future?

Meanwhile, stay tuned for the second destination of this 'Beach Honeymoon' series. It will be published shortly.

Regards,
    Deb

MichelleVL and Chahal like this.

2. Delirium

Delirium Member

'Deserted'? So there's barely anyone else there? I mean that's somewhat romantic I guess, but isn't that a little bit scary as well? I looked up pictures of Ankora, and I think it's a little bit too small for my taste if I'm being honest. It's a perfect place for a getaway with your friends, but not exactly the place I'd spend my honeymoon in. I think Goa would be a much better option, but that's just my personal preference.

3. Debapriya Deb

On the contrary, I believe a place like Goa is more suitable to have fun with friends, with a lot of activities to indulge in. Ankola is quite different, far away from the hustle-&-bustle of city life. While everyone is entitled to have their own 'tastes', I would anyday prefer to spend the romantic moments on the lap of solitude than the flurry of crazy tourists. That's entirely my personal opinion though and you have every right to disagree.

RRegards,
    Deb

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I haven't been there but yes, I'm very tempted by this honeymoon destination. My husband and I got married only civil and we haven't really had our honeymoon so to speak. Ankola seems a lovely place to go to. I am such a fan of deserted and far away places. I actually do not want to spend my honeymoon with a lot of people. Being far away with only my husband with me in a deserted place seems very romantic to me.

5. Debapriya Deb

At-least I have a company in support of my preference. Thanks, @briannagodess. :)

Regards,
    Deb

6. Debapriya Deb

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India - Part 2

Destination
    - Pallikere Beach
    Nearest Town - Kasargod (15 KM)
    District - Kasargod
    State - Kerala

Encompassed with swaying palm trees, the coast-line at Pallikere is blessed with miles and miles of tranquility. It's an ideal place to take a dip in the cascading waves and get pampered by the nature's abundant beauty. As an added bonus, this enchanting beach offers a captivating view of the historical Bekal Fort, which is situated just 1 KM away from the Pallikere sea-shore.

Pallikere exudes serenity and provides an isolated getaway for those who want to escape from the mad-rush of popular honeymoon destinations. With its wide stretch of glittery silver sand, breathtaking views of sunset and quiet ambience, Pallikere can be an ideal romantic destination for newly married couples to begin their all new innings of life.

The shallow level of water makes it a safe place to play in the water. The gentle waves will leave you refreshed, while the soothing breeze will rejuvenate your spirit. You can also take a romantic evening stroll holding the hands of your partner and watch the colorful phenomenon of the sun setting down beneath the sea.

Pallikere beach is not the sole attraction for romantic couples at Kasargod. It has a serene backwater network in the northern end. You can go for a boat-ride on the Padanna backwaters towards the estuary of Thejaswini river. Both house-boats and country-boats are available for the joy-ride. A Kasargod backwaters cruise on a full-moon night can be an unforgettable experience for the newly married couples.

Best Time to Visit Pallikere Beach:

The greenary around the beach is at its best during the monsoon season. If you are not afraid of getting drenched by the downpour, then the rainy days provide you the best chance to catch the real beauty of Pallikere beach.

How to Reach There?

Kasargod is situated on the Kerala-Karnataka state border along the National Highway 17. Sandwiched between Mangalore in Karnataka and Kannur in Kerala, the town is well connected to both the states via the road network. Kerala-SRTC and private buses are available from Trivandrum, Kochi, Calicut and Kannur. From the Karnataka side, you can find direct bus connectivity to Kasargod from Mangalore, Udupi, Karwar, Mysore and Bangalore. It's an overnight bus journey from Bangalore and many private operators have air-conditioned luxury buses plying in the Bangalore-Kasargod route.

Kasargod has a railway station (KGQ) to serve the tourists who are interested in travelling by train. Pallikere beach is situated at a distance of 15 KM from the Kasargod railway station. You can hire an auto-rickshaw from the Kasargod station to arrive at the Pallikere beach.

Kasargod station lies in the Shoranur-Mangalore Section of the Southern Railways. All the Kerala bound trains departing from Mangalore Central provide 2-5 minutes stoppage at Kasargod. Direct trains to Kasargod are available from Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kollam, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kozhikode, Coimbatore, New Delhi, Mangalore, Mysore, Pune and Jaipur.

If you are travelling by air, then the nearest airport is at Mangalore, which is 51 KM away. Mangalore is an international airport that has regular flight connectivity with Bangalore, Chennai, Goa, Mumbai, Hyderabad and a few Gulf countries. From Mangalore airport, you can arrive at Kasargod either by bus, train or taxi.

Things To Do:

1. Take an early morning stroll along the beach and enjoy the pristine beauty of Pallikere.
    2. Do some 'sweet nothing' chit-chat with your partner under the cool shades of coconut grooves.
    3. Don't forget to pay a visit to the historical Bekal Fort.
    4. Watch the splendid views of sunset from the Pallikere beach and Bekal fort.
    5. Go for a romantic boat-ride on the Kasargod backwaters. You may also rent out a house-boat for a whole day to wander around the waterways.

Where To Stay?

Kasargod has quite a few staying options to suit budgets of all sizes. Budget travellers can opt for one of those economic guest houses around the Kasargod Railway Station, while those who are looking for lavish comfort can settle for luxurious beach resorts or even book a house-boat accommodation. Moreover, there is Taj Vivanta at Kasargod - a 5-Star hotel operated by the Taj Group.

1Hotel Apsara RegencyKSRTC Bus StopINR 900(+91) 4994 232 506
    2City Tower HotelM.G. RoadINR 1200(+91) 4994 230 562
    3JK ResidencyOff NH17INR 2000(+91) 4994 220 855
    4Hotel Highway CastleNullipadyINR 3000(+91) 4994 220 570
    5Happy HouseboatHouse-boatINR 4500(+91) 95262 00400
    6Thanal VishramakendramHouse-boatINR 5000(+91) 4672 272 900
    7Vivanta by TajKappil Beach RoadINR 8000(+91) 467 661 6612

1. Manjeshwar - 29 KM
    2. Mangalore - 51 KM
    3. Kannur - 96 KM

Did you find this beach enchanting enough to spend your honeymoon over there? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how much would you rate Pallikere as a romantic honeymoon destination?

Regards,
    Deb

7. Debapriya Deb

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India - Part 3

Destination -
    Tarkarli Beach
    Nearest Town - Malvan (8 KM)
    District - Sindhudurg
    State - Maharashtra

Located at the confluence of the Karli River and the Arabian Sea, the 8 KM long coastline at Tarkarli has a cheerful and relaxed vibe - which makes it an ideal destination for a romantic escapade. Although not a tourism hotspot just yet, Tarkarli beach has caught the imagination of romantic travellers looking for some solitude and peace of mind. It does have all the qualities to become a magnet for honeymooners within next couple of years time.

Tarkarli is blessed with a pristine stretch of finest white sand beach, emerald green water and clear blue sky. Tall Casurina trees lining up at the shore add to the splendor of the beach. If you would like to spend a quite evening with your partner, or wish to go for a romantic hand-in-hand walk along the sea-shore, then this is the beach to be at.

Moreover, Tarkarli beach offers you the opportunity to indulge in adventure activities at a very reasonable price. Parasailing, water surfing, beach volleyball - you have loads of options to choose from. Scuba diving and snorkeling are quite popular here due to the clear water level. In-fact, Maharashtra's only Scuba Diving Training Center is located at Tarkarli. You will be surprised to know that 15-20 feet deep seabed is visible to the naked eyes through the crystal-esque water on a bright and sunny day.

The estuary of Karli river is another scenic spot at Tarkarli. The extensive network of backwaters from Tarkarli to Kudal is sure to amaze you with its virgin natural beauty. Tarkali is a 'hidden gem' of Konkan region, which will continue to be a 'gem' till it remains 'hidden'.

How to Reach There:

Tarkarli beach is located at a distance of 6 KM from Malvan town of Sindhudurg District in Maharashtra. If you prefer to travel by your personal vehicle, then you can take either NH-17 or NH-4 to arrive at Malvan. MH State Transport buses to Malvan are available from Bombay Central, Parel, Thane and Borivali. Private Tourist buses are also available from Panjim, Margao, Pune and Mumbai.

For railway travellers, the nearest rail-head is at Sindhudurg, but the frequency of trains stopping there is on the lower side. Kudal - which is 51 KM away from the Malvan town, is a better option. Regular trains to Kudal are available from Mumbai, Vasco and Pune. You can hire an auto-rickshaw or taxi from the railway station to arrive at Tarkarli.

Dabolim Airport in Goa is the nearest airport to Tarkarli, which is well-connected to the rest of India. From there, you need to hire a Taxi to Tarkarli. Alternatively, you may also travel by one of the Malvan-bound tourist buses that depart from Panjim bus stand at frequent intervals.

Things To Do:

1. Go for a romantic hand-in-hand evening stroll admiring the gorgeous views of sunset at the Tarkali beach.
    2. Try your hands at Parasailing on the beach.
    3. A round of snorkeling can introduce you to the under-water marine life.
    4. Ever experienced camel ride? If not, then here's your chance to do so at the Tarkarli brach.
    4. Take a boat ride on the Karli river and catch the splendid sunset from Karli river estuary.
    5. Floating around the Tarkarli backwaters on a house-boat has a divine charm, especially on a full-moon night. A 'must do' activity for the 'eternally-in-love' couples.

Where to Stay?

Accommodation won't be an issue at Tarkarli. There are loads of hotels, guest houses and resorts near the beach. You may also book a house-boat operated by the MTDC resort. Here are a few reliable staying options in and around Tarkarli beach.

1Swati Tent ResortTarkarli Road, MalvanINR 600(+91) 94057 61008
    2Sun N Sand Holiday HomeMalvan JettyINR 700(+91) 2365 251 214
    3Anushrey Holiday HomesMalvanINR 1200(+91) 97022 88154
    4Hotel Chivala BeachChivala Beach, MalvanINR 1500(+91) 94047 49650
    5Tarkarli Sea Breeze ResortTarkarli BeachINR 1800(+91) 2365 248 588
    6Hotel Kinara HomestayMalvanINR 1850(+91) 2365 252 562
    7MTDC - Tarkarli ResortTarkarli BeachINR 2000(+91) 2365 252 390
    8Hotel Sagar KinaraMalvanINR 2500(+91) 22 6184 1444
    9Sagar Sparsh - The Sea TouchTarkarli Road, MalvanINR 3000(+91) 94047 75839
    10MTDC - House-boatTarkarli BackwatersINR 3500(+91) 2365 252 390

1. Kunkeshwar - 45 KM
    2. Devgad - 53 KM
    3. Panjim - 108 KM

Can you guess either of the remaining two beach honeymoon destinations that we are going to publish next? Stay tuned for the fourth installment of the 'Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India' series.

Till then, please feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions and feedback on the three romantic beaches covered so far in this series. Fellow members would be glad to hear your first-hand experiences.

Regards,
    Deb

8. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Thanks for putting together such a great resource! I'm not looking at planning a honeymoon anytime soon, but I wonder if these places would be suitable for a solo traveller? The beaches look lovely but I don't want to consider going there if it would be awkward to be there alone! I loved some of the activities that were posted as things to do at some of these places, such as a camel ride along the beach! That would certainly be something to remember.

9. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I like the idea of a deserted beach spot! The palm trees look great and this it would be private for a honeymoon getaway, I would also feel weird to be alone there though in case of an emergency. I also like to immerse myself in local culture. It does look pretty though.

10. Debapriya Deb

Thanks for your word of appreciation.

From my personal experience, all the three beaches are quite safe for a lone traveller, but it is always better to be proactive when it comes to safety. As long as you respect the local culture, behave in an acceptable manner, refrain from venturing out at odd hours and avoid getting into the personal spaces of the natives, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Regards,
    Deb

amelia88 likes this.
  11. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Thanks Deb! I usually try to do that wherever I go! I usually research before I go somewhere to make sure I am dressed appropriately to respect the local culture and customs - and I never go out past dark if I'm alone! So it sounds like I should be fine. I agree with you about being proactive though about safety - always better to be a little bit cautious I think.

12. Debapriya Deb

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India - Part 4

Destination -
    Serenity Beach
    Nearest Town - Pondicherry (9 KM)
    Union Territory - Pondicherry

Serenity beach is a twenty minutes drive from the city center at Pondicherry. Located at Kottakoppam, on the Northern part of Pondicherry city, this picturesque beach is famous for its calm ambiance, pristine sea-shore and distinctive crystal-esque blue waters. Blessed with a scenic coast-line fringed by swaying palm grooves and covered with creepers, this golden sandy beach is an unspoilt treasure trove of the nature.

Secluded, quiet and of course, spectacular, the Serenity beach is just the ideal place to begin your day with a romantic early morning stroll. The first ray of sunlight touching down the gentle waves of the sea is a sight that will remain engraved in your memory for a long time.

If you are looking for a bit of adrenaline rush during your honeymoon, then you can satisfy the adventure-buff in you by indulging in surfing and kayaking at the beach. Going on a joy-ride in a catamaran can be another thrilling option.
    Frequented by beach lovers and honeymoon couples from all over India and beyond the national border, Serenity beach truly exudes romance at every step.

How to Reach There?

Pondicherry is well-connected to Chennai, Bangalore and other major cities in Southern India. You can either rent a taxi/cab or get behind the wheel of your own vehicle to drive down to Pondicherry. Chennai is situated at a distance of 155 KM and the journey through the scenic East Coast Road along the Bay of Bengal takes around 3 hours. NH-7 and NH-45 conects Pondicherry to Bangalore. The distance of 320 KM can be settled in approximately 6 hours.

Bus is the most preferred mode of public transport to Pondicherry. Several Pondicherry-bound buses ply frequently from Chennai, Thanjavur, Trichy, Coimbatore, Madurai and Bangalore. The roads are in excellent condition, so the bus journey is quite comfortable. Although a number of private buses are available, the state-owned buses operated by PRTC, TNSTC and KSRTC offer more comfortable and economic ride.

Alternatively, you can rely on the vast network of Indian Railways to arrive at Pondicherry. Pondicherry railway station has regular train service to and from Bangalore, Chennai, Tirupati, New Delhi, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai and Trivandrum. If you are planning to travel by train, than it is advisable to book your reservations well in advance.
    Althogh Pondicherry has an airport of its own located at Lawspet, currently it is non-funtional due to lack of interest among flight operators. International travellers can get 'air-dropped' to Chennai or Bangalore and subsequently avail bus, train or taxi service to arrive at Pondicherry.

Things To Do:

1. Laze around the pristine stretch of soft golden sand.
    2. Go for a romantic morning stroll and catch the spectacular sunrise.
    3. Do some sweet-naughty chit-chat with your loved one under the shade of coconut groove.
    4. Indulge in water sports activities like surfing, canoeing and kayaking.
    5. Raid the sea on a speedboat or catamaran.
    6. Visit the serene Paradise beach and go for a romantic boat-ride on the Chunnambar backwaters.

Where to Stay?

Being a popular tourist destination which is frequented by tourists from all over the globe, finding a suitable accommodation is not an issue at Pondicherry. Hotels, guest houses and cottages are aplenty at every corner of the city. Having said that, for a memorable honeymoon experience, couples should ideally look for a beach-side accommodation around Serenity beach far away from the hustles-&-bustles of city life.

1Serenity - The Home StayKottakuppamINR 650(+91) 413 650 0512
    2Beach View ResortSerenity BeachINR 750(+91) 97906 18579
    3Karthik ResidencyNear Aurovile, ECRINR 1200(+91) 97867 55755
    4Sea View Resort KottakuppamINR 1500(+91) 413 223 5003
    5Nature Loft Beach ResortKottakuppamINR 2200(+91) 95009 00998
    6Resort Pondicherry (Cocoland Resort)KottakuppamINR 2500(+91) 97867 55755
    7Purple ResortsNear AurovileINR 3000(+91) 95855 54509

1. Cuddalore - 21 KM
    2. Chidambaram - 64 KM
    3. Mahabalipuram - 100 KM

Hope you are enjoying this virtual honeymoon ride to some of the most romantic beaches in India. Stay tuned for the fifth and the last installment of the series.

Regards,
    Deb

amelia88 likes this.
  13. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

The picture you posted of Serenity Beach looks so much like Fiji! It looks beautiful and tropical. I think this so far has been my favorite picture of all the beaches you have posted in this series.

I'm really enjoying your posts, Deb - they're always super informative and interesting to read!

Debapriya Deb likes this.
  14. Debapriya Deb

Best Beach Honeymoon Destinations in India - Part 5

Destination -
    Radhanagar Beach
    Nearest Town - Havelock Islands (12 KM)
    Union Territory - Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Famous for its breathtakingly pristine beach with opaque emerald waters, the Radhanagar Beach at Havelock Islands has made its way on top of the 'dream destinations' list for honeymooners in India. Alongside experiencing miles of tranquility on its isolated sea-shore, you can also indulge in a lot of fun-filled activities like surfing, scuba diving and snorkeling to make it a memorable honeymoon for your partner. Exotic beach, wonderful weather, great ambiance, delicious food and untouched natural splendor - Radhanagar Beach does have all the qualities to be regarded as a complete honeymoon package to begin the new innings of your life.

One of the most popular beaches in the Andamans region, Radhanagar beach is an excellent choice for a scenic honeymoon on the lap of Mother nature. Located at a distance of 12 KM from the Havelock Jetty, this is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches not only in India but also in the entire Asian continent. Surrounded by untouched greenery and covered with soft white sands, Radhanagar beach has a rejuvenating appeal to the tourists. Especially, the amazing views of sunset from the beach deserve a special mention. It's truly an out-of-the-world experience to witness the sparkling blue waters turing into fiery red flames as the sun prepares to bid adieu for the day.

Radhanagar beach has world class Scuba diving facilities, arguably the best in the country. There's a water sports complex at the beach from which tourists can hire snorkeling and scuba diving equipment. If needed, an experienced guide can accompany you under water. You can spot a diversified variety of marine life while snorkeling at the Radhanagar beach. Last, but certainly not the least, adventure loving couples can book a tented accommodation on the sea shore and spend a romance-filled night under the starry sky. It can turn out to be an experience to cherish for the rest of your life.

How to Reach There?

Located in an island, Radhanagar beach can be accessed either by air or water. Quite obviously, flight travel is a huge time-saver compared to the ferry ride, so if you are short on time, then it's best to travel by air.

Port Blair (IXZ) is the nearest airport to Radhanagar beach. Direct flights to Port Blair are operated by Air India, SpiceJet, Jet Airways and Go Air from Kolkata and Chennai on a daily basis. Being two of the busiest international airports in India, both Kolkata and Chennai are well connected to rest of the country and beyond the national borders.

The only alternative to air travel is the cruise service. Many budget travellers prefer cruise service over flights, while a number of honeymooners travel by ferry to experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Sailing through the heart of the ocean with nothing ahead of you except the blue waters, can leave you wonderstruck. You can avail the cruise service from three Indian cities - Chennai, Vizag and Kolkata. From Kolkata and Chennai, as many as four cruises are operated by the Shipping Corporation of india (SCI) every month. Vizag has just one connecting service scheduled to Port Blair in a given month.

After reaching Port Blair, you need to catch a ferry operated by the Directorate of Shipping Services (DSS) from the Port Blair Jetty to Havelock Jetty for reaching the Radhanagar beach. Smaller ships and catamarans depart from Port Blair towards Havelock at regular intervals and it takes nearly 2 hours to complete the journey.

For more details on transportation, kindly refer to our Andaman and Nicobar Islands Travel Guide.

Things To Do:

1. Lazing around on Radhanagar's virgin white sandy beach, whispering sweet nothings to each other's ears.
    2. Take a romantic walk along the long coast-line.
    3. Go for a round of Scuba diving and Snorkeling.
    4. Catch the mesmerizing sunset from the beach.
    5. To spend some romantic times with your loved one amidst peace and solitude, hire a speed-boat or motor-boat from the Havelock Jetty to go to the scenic yet deserted Elephant beach.
    6. Go for a cozy ride on the back of an elephant at the Radhanagar sea shore.
    7. Spend a night right on the beach in a tented accommodation.

Where to Stay?

You have loads of staying options at Havelock Islands. Mudget travellers can opt for economic guest houses around Havelock Jetty, while those who prefer comfort and luxury, can settle for the beach-side resorts and cottages. Listed below are a few reliable accommodation options at Havelock Islands around the Radhanagar beach.

HotelLocationMinimum TariffContact
    Cross Bill Beach ResortGovind Nagar, Havelock IslandINR 1250(+91) 3192 282 446
    Dreamland ResortRadhanagar Beach, Havelock IslandINR 1500(+91) 94742 23243
    Gold Star Beach ResortVijay Nagar Beach, Havelock IslandINR 2500(+91) 81012 21000
    Holiday Inn Beach ResortGovind Nagar, Havelock IslandINR 4500(+91) 3192 282 208
    Barefoot at HavelockRadhanagar Beach, Havelock IslandINR 6500(+91) 98402 38042

Neil Island - 20 KM
    Port Blair - 72 KM
    Chidiya Tapu - 89 KM

Hope you have enjoyed the tour to India's top-5 beach honeymoon destinations. If you have been to a particular beach that deserves a mention here, then feel free to come up with your suggestion. As always, any feedback/criticism/appreciations are most welcome.

Regards,
    Deb

15. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Wow Deb! You make Belekeri Beach sound so enticing. Like you seriously made me want to go there! I didn't even know it existed Thank you so much for all the information. I specially liked how you provided us with the prices, which are amazing by the way! It's like you made going to this little piece of heaven a totally obtainable dream. Thanks again. I definitely know where I'm going on my next trip to India.

16. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 New Member

Wow, it sounds beautiful!
    I think it's great you highlight this as a possible romantic getaway, because it seems everyone here thinks that the only places to go on your honeymoon are either in the Caribbean, Hawaii or Paris. Those places would be so full of tourists and I think they wouldn't be quite as fun as going somewhere and getting to submerse yourself in the native culture.

copicgo likes this.
  17. Zhen25

Zhen25 New Member

The first few beaches you posted weren't my favorite but I must say you upped your game after that. I mean these beaches a breathtakingly beautiful. Just looking forward to go there someday.

18. copicgo

copicgo New Member

I actually love the idea of having a more deserted place for a honeymoon! I will eventually be married to my girlfriend, and the things we usually do on weekends are taking long walks and getting lost in mother nature... So having a beach where it's more or less unpopulated sounds super romantic to me. <3

19. Jani

Jani New Member

A beach destination is a great idea for a honeymoon. Especially since you don't come out of your room very much! Stepping out for a relaxing swim, or lounging at the beach is probably all you want to do, so the above suggestions are perfect.