1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best places for honeymoon in India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by RismaUm, Oct 17, 2016.

1. RismaUm

RismaUm New Member

I would like some suggestions in knowing what are the best places for a honeymoon in India. I am getting married on the 21st October, and my honeymoon will be in the first week of November, and my fiance and I are planning to spend about two weeks on our honeymoon wherever it maybe.

We have not decided what kind of place we would like to go to i.e., beach, and just keeping the options open and waiting for what suggestions are given.
  2. djtravels

djtravels Member

I see that you're from Delhi, in which case, I will begin with places that are far instead of those nearby that you can visit anytime later. So, let's forget about nearby hill stations.

The first place I would recommend that you go to is Kerala. It has exotic beaches, amazing architectural marvels, exotic hill stations, mesmerizing ayurvedic spas, and the fabled back waters. There is so much to do in Kerala that the two weeks would go by in a jiffy.

In terms of itinerary, you could try visiting these destinations:
    Kovalam (for the beaches),
    Cochin (for the architectural marvels),
    Munnar (for the hill stations),
    Thekkady (for wildlife safari/sightseeing, hiking, become forest ranger for a night),
    Verkala (again more beaches),
    Aleppey (for the fabled back waters - ride in boat houses, enjoy Kathakali and other cultural treats, etc.

I think that if you spent 2 days per destination, the total comes up to be 12 days. And then, you can keep 2 days for backup.