1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of year to visit Leh

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Akash, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Akash

Akash New Member

A lot of good things are said about Leh, and it is a destination which I would like to know more about. I can not find much information about Leh, such as hotels, weather and in general holidaying there.

My partner and I are thinking about visiting Leh I mean it is a must see place in India,along with the queries mentioned above the the main issue is that we don't know when the best time of the year to visit Leh is. Winters we know is a big no as temperatures go below minus. Please give from which month till which month we can plan a holiday.

Thanks.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Weather gets better in June until about middle of October and then there will be too much snow and all the trekking routes are closed too. Flights actually operate through out the year and there is a daily flight from New Delhi. There may be flights from other cities too but I don't know of any myself. Make sure you add 2-3 extra days to get used to lower oxygen levels in the beginning and drink lots of water and move slowly initially

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

If your in a hot part of India and want to go some place where there is pleasant weather then go in the summers, you would get to see a lot of greenery and snow at the mountain peaks. If you are interested in seeing snow and doing winter activities then go in the winters, but beware that the winters are very cold and go into minus temperatures.