1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time to visit Jim Corbett Park

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Jas, May 25, 2015.

1. Jas

Jas New Member

I have been planning to take my children to Jim Corbett Park for around a year now, first it was let the weather get a bit hot so we don't have to be in our woollens, then suddenly it became too hot that there is no chance of going there at the moment.
    For those who have been to park before which time of the year would suggest visiting Jim Corbett Park?

2. Deven

Deven Member

You should go in the month of April or early May then left the summers pass. Then in the next season you should go from October to November. I have suggested these months according to your weather preference.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Comparing the months given the October - November months would be hotter than the months April - early May (May end would begin to get very hot)

4. Jas

Jas New Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I would rather avoid the hot weather and instead opt for the trip in October or November.

5. Major

Major New Member

I have been to the park during the summers I think it was early June, and it was not so bad, especially is you are someone who can take the heat.

6. AbhayNarang

AbhayNarang New Member

Going during the summers or winters is a personal preference, but all I can advise is don't go on a rainy day, you wont enjoy the trip one bit.

7. JimmyKakkar

JimmyKakkar New Member

I have just been to Jim Corbett, and it is very hot, not an ideal time to visit if you hate the heat.

8. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Ideal time to visit are November to June and temperatures will range from 4 to 42 Celsius. Well the main reason for it to be November to June is because its closed the rest of the year as the monsoon season approaches and the rains wash away the roads, repairs to the roads come shortly after monsoon. If you are okay with the heat, then you can visit anytime between November to June, but if you are worried about the heat, then try visiting after November as temperatures will drop during those months.

9. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Jim Corbet National Park is well known for its exotic natural surroundings and amazing wildness around. Winter would be the best time to visit Corbet Park as it is the time when all zones of the park are open for tourists. Moreover, during winter (November to February) you have the chance to visit almost all rare animals including tigers. Summers would be quite humid and a visit during Monsoon is also not advisable. The park got five zones and for your understanding, you can see the period when they will be open for tourists :

Jhirna Zone - Throughout the year
    Dhikala Zone - 15th Nov to 15th Jun
    Bijrani Zone - 1st Oct to 30th Jun
    Sonanadi Zone - Throughout the year
    Durgadevi Zone - 15th Nov to 15th Jun

So, November to February would be the ideal time when all zones are open and you can also enjoy a perfect climate.

10. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9h New Member

Hey he has my last name. Pretty cool. Haven't ever visited though. I just noticed the name. Yeah, I'm a dork. lol

11. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I would not go in the dead of summer. That is just not a good idea. I would go in the fall because you get the cool and crisp air. What fun to take your kids to the park. I love spending time with my family outdoors.

12. Dakota

Dakota New Member

This is wonderful and so helpful. I'll be in India in early May. I see where I can visit a few zones during this time. Thank you for this helpful information. Right now I am just making my wish list of all I want to do and see. I know I won't be able to do it all but I can wish.