1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time to visit Tulip Garden in Kashmir

Discussion in 'North India' started by Vinita, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Vinita

Vinita New Member

I am making my second trip to Kashmir this year, but this time I want to make sure that I get to see the tulip garden. I know there is a particular time of the year when the tulips are in full bloom, but I don't know when. I would be grateful if someone could tell me when the best time to visit the tulip garden is i.e when they are in full bloom.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately you have just missed the best time to visit the tulip garden in Kashmir, unless you can make a quick trip before the end of April.
    Tulips are in full bloom during the end of March and mid/end of April, so if you do decide to make a trip now confirm with J&K Tourism (9560-788884), whether the tulips are still in full bloom or not.
    The tulip garden festival is from 12th April to 14th April, dates may very every year by a day or two. Other than the festival the garden is open from March till the end of April.

3. MrGirdar

MrGirdar New Member

Just posted a reply to a thread I opened about best time to visit Kashmir, and had thought about going in October! After reading this thread I think I need to decide again on going in April so that the tulip garden can be seen.