1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best View of Kanchenjunga From Sikkim

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Micheal, May 25, 2016.

1. Micheal

Micheal New Member

I am someone who is fond of seeing nature and also have a keen interest in seeing mountains, especially the popular ones.
    Something next to see on my list is mountain Kanchenjunga, which is situated somewhere between Nepal and Sikkim. I will be in Sikkim, and I need to know where exactly I need to be in order to get a good view of the Kanchenjunga mountain. I would even like to know the minute details like what time at I should be at the place to get the best view of Kanchenjunga, ways to reach there and any accommodation which is near by.

2. tito077

tito077 New Member

Hi micheal,
    If you want to have a life time look for mountain Kanchenjunga you have to pay a visit to Darjeeling is a town in India's West Bengal state, in the Himalayan foothills ,Its backdrop is Mt. Kanchenjunga, among the world’s highest peaks. you can have the view of Mt. Kanchenjunga from tiger hill , ghum Up hill and batasia loop also. and there are so many hotels are available with wide range but the best of the best is Mayfair hotel

1. advantage in Darjeeling to enjoy the TOY TRAIN service

Answer
    You can also viewMt. Kanchenjunga form south sikkim (namchi accurate place) and there are so many hotels are available with wide range but the best of the best is hangkin.

Proper Timming to visit Mt. Kanchenjunga
    Early morning at the time of sunrise
    Early Evening at time of Sunset
    and the gold look at Mid afternoon (12 pm)

Hotels have there guide to help you known the correct place and accurate time to visit as per the year on .

Admin likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I compiled a little list of places in Sikkim where you can get a good view of the Kanchenjunga Peak:

• Pelling. It is about 10 kms away from the district of Gyalshing. People say that it has the best and closest view to the Kanchenjunga Peak. To reach Pelling, you can take a bus or jeep from the other cities. From Gangtok, there are regular jeep services starting at 7:00 am up to 12:30 pm. The best time should be before the sun rises and just before sundown. There are homestay accommodations in the city as well. There are about 30 houses that accommodate guests in the town. Aside from that, there are about 80 to 90 hotels in the town. Room rates start from Rs. 600 and can go higher. Here's a few hotels you might want to try: Hotel Garuda, Hill Retreat and Hotel The Panorama.
    • Gangtok. Trekking through Gangtok in Sikkim, you get to see the amazing views of the Kanchenjunga Peak. To reach Gangtok, you can ride a train in New Jalpaiguri in Siliguri which has direct connections to other distant cities. You can also take the buses from Siliguri which is about a four hour ride away. Again, the best time is during early morning so you can witness sun rise once you reach the peak. Otherwise, sunset is also another great time to witness the beauty of Kanchenjunga Peak. You won't have any problem with accommodations in Gangtok as there are plenty. There are luxury, mid-range and budget hotels to choose from. For luxury hotels, try Le Primula and The Nor-Khill. For mid-range hotels, try Hotel Tibet and Hotel Delamare. For budget hotels, try Green Hotel and Hotel Nirvana.
    • Singhik. About 4 kms away from Mangan, you can ride buses to reach Singhik. They say that this offers the best views of the Kanchenjunga Peak. The downside is that there's not much accommodations near the town. There are tourist lodges though just near it. The best time is again just before sunset or sunrise.
    I hope this helps!

4. Santosh K Ghosh

Santosh K Ghosh New Member

Hi Briannagodess,

Nice to know about Singhik, Could you please share some homestays option with cost in Singhik. How could I reach Singhik directly from NJP in shared transport.

Regards,

Santosh

5. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

There are no shared jeeps that go directly from NJP to Singhik (not that I know of atleast) , we went to Gangtok where there are plenty of jeeps for Singhik.

I dont know of any home stays at Singhik . We stayed at Hotel Singhik for three nights and it was good for the price they charged and food was good too.