1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to Travel in Mysore

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by AnikaKumari, Jun 11, 2015.

1. AnikaKumari

AnikaKumari New Member

As you may know from my previous post that I will be in Mysore for a holiday with me friends, we wont have our own transport, so would need to rely on public transport or a taxi. We need to know what is the ideal and convenient way to travel within Mysore?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The options you have for traveling within Mysore are buses which includes the Volvo buses, taxis and auto rickshaws.
    If you are going to tourist spots then you should go for a Volvo bus which go to the major attractions like KRS Brindaven Garden, Zoo and Chamundi Hills. When travelling within the cit for shopping or food you can either take taxi which would cost you Rs9-Rs10 per km or take an auto rickshaw which should cost you around Rs11 per km, but most auto rickshaws don't go by the meter, so you would need to fixed the journey cost before hand and there may be some negotiation involved as well.
    One other popular mode of transport in Mysore is the tonga which is a horse carriage, this may be a slow mode of transport but it is worth the experience at least once.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Getting a taxi would be fine.. it would cost around less than 1k for one day and don't forget to see the Mysore palace lighting.

4. Neel

Neel New Member

Something for travelers across India, if the weather is hot then I suggest getting a taxi and if the weather is fine then for the near by places an auto or rickshaw is good. You get the experience and from a tourist point of view you get to see more.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

Auto or rickshaw is a good option, rickshaw wala's give a good price, but with autos you need to make sure you are paying the right price and not overpaying the driver. It is a good idea to ask the auto drive to turn on his meter.