1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biking In Bhutan

Discussion in 'Bhutan' started by Dina, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Dina

Dina New Member

Is it possible to hire bikes to ride through Bhutan? It seems to have good roads and a scenic countryside and we are a group of friends who are used to going everywhere on bikes. I hope it is safe to that in that part of the world.

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Bhutan is a small country but it is a well managed country. The roads are pretty good. However roads may not take you to the hinterland where lies the real beauty. Therefore, you need to have a good bike, your bike needs to be at least 200 CC.

3. swalia

swalia Guest

I think it is a good idea. Bhutan is a small country with beautiful landscapes. It is quite safe and the roads are well-maintained. And if you are travelling in a group then you can definitely consider seeing Bhutan by using bikes.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

How do the roads compare to Northern India or Nepal? Are they much different, better, worse? I have heard there are very few straight roads, and that the terrain has a lot of curves. Riding a bike there can be difficult and taxing, because it takes an alert person to navigate.