1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus from Hyderabad to Pune

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Maddy, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Maddy

Maddy New Member

I would like to know what bus options I have for going from Hyderabad to Pune?

It would be my first trip to Pune, so I have no idea of distance or what kind of journey it would be.
    I want to emphasize on one thing, that I want the bus to be comfortable and be air conditioned, as the weather is very hot, I am hoping that there would be a Volvo bus service.

Some details which I would like about the journey is:

How long is the bus from Hyderabad to Pune?

Please mention what the bus timings are and where to get the bus from?

Should the bus ticket be prebooked?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Maddy! Welcome to the forum!

Here are your bus options from Hyderabad to Pune:

1. Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) Buses - Several Volvo buses ply between Hyderabad and Pune that are operated by the TSRTC. Here they are:
    • Volvo Isuzu AC Semi-Sleeper Bus - This departs from the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station in Hyderabad at 19:30. Arrival time in Pune is at 7:10. Duration of journey is about 11 hours, more or less. Fare is at Rs. 966 per passenger.
    • Volvo Benz AC Multi-Axle Bus - This departs from the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station in Hyderabad at 17:30. Arrival time in Pune is at 5:00. Duration of journey is about 11 hours, more or less. Fare is at Rs. 1,027 per passenger.
    There are also other ordinary buses plying this route that are also operated by TSRTC. I didn't include them since you are looking for AC Volvo buses. So you only need to go to the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station to board these buses. Locally, the bus station is known as the Imlibun Bus Station as it's located in the Imlibun Island, near the Musi River. It's better to book your ticket in advance. Here is their contact number: +91 40 24614406.

2. Private Buses - There are many private bus operators plying from Hyderabad to Pune. Here they are:
    • Kesineni Travels - They have Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper Buses. It departs from several places: Lakdikapool, Srinivasa Colony, SR Nagar, Bharat Nagar and Kukatpally. Departure times are 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Arrival times are 5:00 am and 8:00 am. Duration of journey is about 10 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,100 per passenger.
    • VRL Travels - They have Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper Buses as well. It departs from several places: Nampally, Lakdikapool, SR Nagar, and Kondapur. Departure times are 8:45 pm and 4:00 pm. Arrival times are 7:15 am and 2:00 am. Duration of journey is about 10 and a half hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,300 per passenger.
    • SVR Tours and Travels - They have Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper Buses as well. It departs from several places: Nampally, Lakdikapool, Nanal Nagar, Paradise and SR Nagar. Departure times are 6:40 pm and 10:05 pm. Arrival times are 6:10 am and 7:00 am. Duration of journey is about 8 to 11 hours. Fare is at Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,800 per passenger.
    • Neeta Travels - They have Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper Buses as well. It departs from several places: Nampally, Lakdikapool, Nanal Nagar, Kondapur and Nizampet. Departure times are 3:30 pm and 4:00 pm. Arrival times are 3:30 am and 5:00 am. Duration of journey is about 12 to 13 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,600 to Rs. 1,999 per passenger.
    • ISRTC Diamond Class - They have a Volvo AC Multi-Axle Sleeper Bus. It departs from several places: Nampally, Lakdikapool, Nanal Nagar, SR Nagar, Paradise and Nizampet. Departure time is 9:45 pm. Arrival time is 9:45 am. Duration of journey is about 12 hours. Fare is at Rs. 2,999 per passenger.
    • HKB Tours and Travels - They have Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper Buses. It departs from several places: Nampally, Lakdikapool, Chanda Nagar and Miyapur. Departure times are 9:30 pm, 6:15 pm and 4:30 pm. Arrival times are 7:30 am, 6:15 am and 4:30 am. Duration of journey is about 10 to 12 hours. Fare is at Rs. 1,100 per passenger.
    There are many more ordinary and non-AC buses plying from Hyderabad to Pune operated by private companies. The ones I listed are the Volvo buses. I'd recommend reserving a ticket well in advance too. This way, you won't be hassled by queuing in line when you get to the station or pickup points. To book these buses, just go to the RedBus website and input your journey or the bus company.

I hope this helps!

P.S.

I've answered all your questions about bus timings, duration of journey, where to get the bus and whether you should prebook them above.:)