1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping in Rishikesh

Discussion in 'North India' started by Kakkar, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Kakkar

Kakkar New Member

I have only heard that one can do camping in Rishikesh, but I do not know any more than this. I have a few queries which I would like answered about camping in Rishikesh.

Where is the camping location in Rishikesh?

What options are there for camping?

What is the cost for camping?

Where do we make the camping booking from?

2. Prits

Prits Member

There are different locations for camping in Rishikesh, it all depends on which location you prefer and what activities you wish to do.

I am not too sure about this question of yours as you need to elaborate more on it. From what I am guessing you want to know the types of camping. There are around three types of camping, river zone camping, jungle camping and roller coaster camping. There are other camps which are more or less the same as these but just named a bit differently.

Cost for camping is varied from the type of camping and prices start from Rs1700 per night to Rs3500 per night.

Booking can be made from any travel agent.

Kakkar likes this.

3. Kakkar

Kakkar New Member

Thanks for answering my questions Prits and you guessed it right about the types of camping.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Most of the camping has vanished into thin air at Rishikesh especially the ones that were running illegally since the daughter of a Samajwadi party and another girl drowned there. The search operation is still on so I am not too sure about camping out there atleast for now.

Sorry about the spoiler.

5. Gaurangi.Bali

Gaurangi.Bali New Member

How safe is camping not regards the drowning but in regards to staying over night there in camps?