1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chennai To Hyderabad Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CathyMitchell, Apr 4, 2016.

1. CathyMitchell

CathyMitchell New Member

As to my previous thread about Chennai to Goa train, I would also like to know about a train from Chennai to Hyderabad. I would be heading to Hyderabad only to see Charminar and Golkonda.

The main question is, that is it best to go Goa first or Hyderabad first from Chennai?

How long does a Chennai to Hyderabad train journey take?

What is a cost for a train from Chennai to Hyderabad?

How many days should be spent at Hyderabad?

Is it even worth going Hyderabad?
    Or do you think I should spend the time I would have done in Hyderabad some place else?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I think I paid Rs 2500 for a first class ticket. It was close to 10 hours I think, but you should check that out for yourself. It was a while ago, so I might be mistaken. You could spend a lot of time in Hyderabad, like almost any of the major cities. It would be impossible to see even a portion in a few days. But there are so many cities and sites to see elsewhere you will have to pick and choose. I would recommend going to Goa, because I see it as more of a destination than Hyderabad. Both are good to see, but people tend to gravitate to Goa.